Matt Targett

villan-scott

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Fulham had about a million crosses from his side.

Obvious that teams are targeting him. (Excuse the pun)

This. He shows absolutely no urgency to close down the crosses. Needs to wake up for sure.

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Ball watcher.

He is just horrible.

Can Elmo or Fred play on the left?

Look, he looks poor sometimes but, he gets no cover. Trezeguet tracked up and down his wing to help Cash out. Jack drifts inside and quite often Targett is left exploited. But, he gets up and down that flank all game - even when on a yellow card. 

Having said all that, I'd swap him for Joe Bryan any day. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

Look, he looks poor sometimes but, he gets no cover. Trezeguet tracked up and down his wing to help Cash out. Jack drifts inside and quite often Targett is left exploited. But, he gets up and down that flank all game - even when on a yellow card. 

Having said all that, I'd swap him for Joe Bryan any day. 

He lacks athleticism, his positional sense is suspect, his recovery is laboured, not sure what he does well.....He is a weak link.

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

He lacks athleticism, his positional sense is suspect, his recovery is laboured, not sure what he does well.....He is a weak link.

I agree. Maybe that Fulham team, the Barcelona of the championship under Jokanovic, were greater than the sum of their individual parts. Sessegnon fallen off the face of the earth at spurs. Cairney looked class - the reality is he isn't. They had a very structured way of playing. They dominated the ball without been too penetrating if i remember. Matt is decent, certainly not fantastic. Can't believe we didn't pursue the Hickey thing. Had an outstanding debut tonight. He'll probably go for 10 to 15 million next summer. Bologna paid 1.5 million.

Edited by Johnnyp
  • Like 1

Seen he's got a lot of stick mostly about defence so decided to look at the numbers. Cash 14 combined tackles/interceptions/clearances. Targett only 5. Not good. Cash as it were made 7 tackles which is 5 more than the combined tackles of rest of defence. One of those tackles led to opening goal. Well done Cash. 

What was surprising was Targett attempted most passes of our outfield and had 2nd best accurate pass % of 80.5% (33/41) behind McGinn 88.2% (15/17)

He also had most accurate long balls for outfield with 8. Next best Mings with 4. 

Those are odd passing numbers for wingback that scream more CB stats. Someone mentioned Targett has been tucking in close to Mings. Haven't seen anything but highlights today but are we operating some hybrid back 3 of Konsa Mings Targett during the game?

He does look a bit heavy. Hopefully gets better all round with fitness and games

Edited by Kiwivillan

9 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

You could see such a difference between him and Cash. Cash always closing down his man, while Targett always miles away. 

This all over, just looks off the pace could take a few games to get back into it but I fear that's just his game average season last time out don't feel he's got to much extra improvement in him. This and maybe a little injury prone is a worry not having strong competition for that position.

Think we'll get done down the right by better teams than Fulham quite often this season.

Edited by zab6359

Â