Matt Targett

villan-scott

On 29/08/2020 at 20:01, Steero113 said:

The same guy who oversaw: 

15m Douglas deal 

14m Targett deal

11m Konsa deal

All of which will be worth at the very least double what we bought them for (prolly triple/quadruple once Konsa has reached his potential)

And also secured Louie Barry and Ben Chrisene who were two of the most coveted u18's in European football...

Bloke ain't got a **** clue has he... disgraceful

All because @rodders0223 thinks we're Chelsea all of a sudden

Incredibly selective to just reference those players when he also oversaw the signings of dross like Wesley and Samatta. 

Edited by Pimlico_Villa

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Lose weight and getting fit are very different. Targett doesn’t carry weight in my eyes 

100% but I don't think MT has a whole season in him, he would be ideal back up to Rico Henry though for me, or vice versa if MT is fit and at his best.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He is so bad defensively.

Seriously needs replacing very soon.

We absolutely cannot head into next season with this guy as our starting left fullback.

Didn’t think he was that bad defensively to be honest - poor for the pen, but other than that...?

His crosses not beating the first man all game was the most frustrating aspect, but we know he’s better than that. 

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I just can’t warm to him for some reason. I’d keep him as a squad player but I don’t want him starting games. 

This.

I really want to like him as technically he is a good footballer. He just lacks the pace, strength and fight to be a good fullback at this level.

If there is any money left over from signing a winger and a centre mid, I’d look to bring in a LB. 

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Not a good defender, slow but does offer something in attack. Definitely not a priority position for us to replace him but we got robbed paying £14m for him. 

I would happily replace Taylor with Henry to provide good competition for that position.

Â