Matt Targett

villan-scott

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Either way seems we didn't deal with him correctly.

Can't blame an average speed player for not dealing well with a really really fast player if we leave them 1 on 1 in acres of space.....

exactly Taylor should of started as he's quicker and good at the dark arts eg tactical fouls. also has seamus colemans leg break on his cv. adama would be well aware of this and not try any fancy stuff.

Smith threw target under the bus by playing him.

Edited by screwdriver
spelt through incorrectly as thru

11 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

exactly Taylor should of started as he's quicker and good at the dark arts eg tactical fouls. also has seamus colemans leg break on his cv. adama would be well aware of this and not try any fancy stuff.

Smith threw target under the bus by playing him.

If Taylor started instead of Targett, the amount of shit he and Smith would've gotten on this forum would've been incredible. Even if he fared like he did against Adama for the whole game, lots people would still say Smith was mad to start Taylor instead of Targett against Adama. I mean, some people here still think he was horrific that game despite doing better than Targett against Adama and want him nothing to do with the club.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

On 13/11/2019 at 04:48, OxfordVillan said:

Have to say I think the blurred vision was way of getting out. Sorry. We were right on halftime and should have finished the half with 10 men and assessed at halftime, instead we we were left with just one change possible for the rest of the game. I think Smith should have taken charge and said no to using a sub with 45mins on the clock and gone in at halftime to re-evaluate. It’s things like this incident that make me question whether are capable of finding that ruthless edge required. 

This would have been ethically, scientifically and - frankly - objectively the wrong thing to do after a boot to the head.

Edit: sorry on re-reading I think you mean play out the half with ten men with Targett off the field, in which case I apologise! But asking him to play on would not be ok.

Edited by Adam2003

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I think we dodged a bullet with Maximin playing on the other side.

But i agree Targett did well yesterday.

Yeh you’d think switching the wingers would be the obvious thing to try considering Guilbert had Maximin in his pocket. 

I guess Bruce doesn’t do tactics though. 

So who reckons getting targett for 15million was daylight robbery. Seriously twice the player Bertrand is and was for us how soton fans reckoned he was better than targett I will never know. Having him and guilbert makes such a difference and his crossing is unbelievable. 

Â