Matt Targett

villan-scott

23 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s hard to understand how the OS can get so many things wrong in their post match blurb. 

B3172385-C690-4AC9-809A-C71812FDCD3D.jpeg

Think it was Jacks first goal AT VILLA PARK, in the Premier League.

According to the commentators at the time.

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Yeah the guy was asking left backs. But yeah the one vs. Stoke was unreal, and so important 

Pretty sure Lowton played as left back for us a couple of times. Classic villa playing player out of position. 

On 20/10/2019 at 14:47, Villarocker said:

When was the last time a left back scored from open play for Villa in a league game? 

Also, when was the last time both full backs were involved in all our goals in a league game? 

probably that Luna goal :D

• Like 1

Going to be interesting to see how well he can actually defend against Man city and Liverpool, I think he has been great going forward against the opposition he has faced so far but want to see if he's a long term prospect for the LB role.

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I see this thread didnt get a mention over the weekend so assume his defending was good vs City then?

yeah did ok to be fair from what i recall

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Had another good game. Mate some great timely interceptions and in the main kept Salah quiet. 

I love Targett, however the perceived lack of defensive nous, along with the undeniable lack of pace meant I was a bit worried today, I thought Salah would would him ragged. 

I shouldn't have been, the kid is a player. 

For the reported fee of £11m, it looks like we have a steal, I can’t understand why he didn’t get in the Southampton side. He has great delivery and good energy, massive upgrade on Neil Taylor. Targett is the complete modern day full back, he’s added a new dimension to our play 

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Fantastic yesterday, best defensive performance he has given for us.

Agreed. The 'great going forward, not as good as Taylor defensively' myth was completely put to bed yesterday. 

Edited by av1

Â