Matt Targett

villan-scott

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You don’t know that. Taylor has made a few crucial last minute tackles and blocks that Targett might not have.  

I do know that. 

We'd have won every game 5-1.

• Haha 1

Having a full back that offers for a pass and can also play one himself creates so many more problems to think about for a defending team. With Taylor they know he will sit back and won't provide an option. With Targett (and Guilbert) the defender has a lot more to process and it creates openings for Grealish/El Ghazi to work in. Beautiful.

• Like 1

Hopefully he will be our number 1 now. Nowt wrong with Taylor, good solid pro. Just Targett is far far better in the opposition half and as our entire gameplan revolves around actually attacking (I know, pinch me) then that makes the rest of the team better as well..

9 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Hopefully he will be our number 1 now. Nowt wrong with Taylor, good solid pro. Just Targett is far far better in the opposition half and as our entire gameplan revolves around actually attacking (I know, pinch me) then that makes the rest of the team better as well..

No way. Sure he's better than Taylor but to put him in goal. 

Edited by colhint
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

One of the best players on the pitch on Saturday. 

Going forward he is like a winger, links well with the midfield, great passing ability, can cut inside or whip in a cracking cross.

Defensively he is sound, he is physical and taller than I thought meaning he's strong in the air.

An all round improvement and really strengthens the left hand side to our advantage.

2 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

He's made a claim now for the LB position... He'll be able to make a song and dance about it and he can tell us how he's feeling...

rick astley GIF

New Targett chant:

Targett's gonna catch you up,

Targett's gonna run you down,

Targett's gonna pass the ball right around you,

Targett's gonna tackle high,

Neil Taylor say goooddbyyeee,

Targett's gonna cross the ball like Ronaldo,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 06/10/2019 at 16:44, Vive_La_Villa said:

You don’t know that. Taylor has made a few crucial last minute tackles and blocks that Targett might not have.  

We might’ve been 2 goals up by then. 😁

Edited by abdulaziz1
  • Haha 1

just watched the extended highlights, i love this guy already, really composed on the ball, excellent crosser, gets involved out wide and even does a lot of good work in the middle of the pitch, really really like him a lot.

I reckon Targett/Guilbert as our full backs is a good place to be.

• Like 1

without having a go at Taylor but in Norwich highlights Targett got on the ball more times than I have seen Taylor in the opposition half all season. For the 4th goal Taylor would never have been in that position

adds a complete new dimension with him and Guilbert

• Like 1

Â