Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

In the Carabao Cup highlights show, they showed a few clips that we didn't see on the extended highlights from the club. In a couple of them, Targett gets worryingly skinned by the young winger (the one that scored). I'm talking turned inside out. I'd still take it for the offensive improvement over Taylor though.

Although it's not as though we haven't seen Taylor get ruined by a winger before is it. 

Obviously Targett isn't a defensive genius like Maldini was, but I'd wager that he's as capable as Taylor is at defending. On top of that, as you say, he's a massive offensive improvement. I think continuing with Taylor only creates a net loss to the side in terms of his overall impact. Having Targett in the side will give us better quality down the left, including delivery, and Wesley can only benefit from that (alongside anyone else making runs into the box). 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Smith values using the spine from last season and believe it or not Taylor was part of that spine.

He was often the weak link in that spine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See if you can spot Neil Taylor in this picture

Bildresultat för broken spine pictures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH I am sick of the safer option comments. Lets just get the kid in, give him a run of games and see if he is an improvement on Taylor rather than constant speculation based off 1 or 2 games where he hasn't even been match fit/sharp. It may be that he is too inconsistent and causes us issues, or he could provide the same sort of service Freddie does, in which case a month from now peeps may say how great he is and Taylor becomes his cover.

I see this situation like a belly ache.... Have a poo and see what happens!!! It may ease the pain or better still rid you of it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, avfc1982am said:

TBH I am sick of the safer option comments. Lets just get the kid in, give him a run of games and see if he is an improvement on Taylor rather than constant speculation based off 1 or 2 games where he hasn't even been match fit/sharp. It may be that he is too inconsistent and causes us issues, or he could provide the same sort of service Freddie does, in which case a month from now peeps may say how great he is and Taylor becomes his cover.

I see this situation like a belly ache.... Have a poo and see what happens!!! It may ease the pain or better still rid you of it.  

Or it may explode in a shower of poo styled liquid projectiles in all directions, go up the wall and all over the floor, then you spend the next hour clearing it up while trying to not breathe through your nose, gagging occasionally at the disgusting mess you just inflicted on yourself.

Tbh though, I would rather that than Taylor at LB for any longer, bring it on........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it might be a disaster replacing Taylor with him but since we are already sitting in relegation it can't really be that much worse.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Or it may explode in a shower of poo styled liquid projectiles in all directions, go up the wall and all over the floor, then you spend the next hour clearing it up while trying to not breathe through your nose, gagging occasionally at the disgusting mess you just inflicted on yourself.

Tbh though, I would rather that than Taylor at LB for any longer, bring it on........

Oh dear. I think you may need potty training my friend....Wall's, floor?! Damn 💩🤦‍♂️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah it might be a disaster replacing Taylor with him but since we are already sitting in relegation it can't really be that much worse.

 

He’s a quality full back who has already shown his ability in a Villa shirt, although he hasn’t played much. I don’t think Taylor has done badly at all but Targett will add to our attacking play and add a new dimension 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starts tonight for me. Some real classy moments going forward against Brighton. Would add a dynamic we don't have.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The same fears we have in playing Targett are the ones that are causing us to concede after we are ahead and in control of games.

Trying to Scrape through  games by being strong in defense.....the same believe (or lack of it) makes us sit deep once we are a head.

Watching Targett makes it obvious what he's strength is, pushing on and taking the game to the opposition. If we are going to sit deep and defend then he's not the type of player we need on the pitch. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Starts tonight for me. Some real classy moments going forward against Brighton. Would add a dynamic we don't have.

Tonight? 3.00 kick off I hope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping to see him start, need him playing at home as Taylor offers nothing going forward 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect game for him. Burnley don’t really play with attacking wing backs so the pressure he’ll be under is that bit less. Hopefully this lets him attack like he did vs. Brighton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lightweight injury prone............is what it is i suppose!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when I see his name's come up on start line-up 

my reaction to this... is... 

* Pro - Great call and that what we need add creative and better aerial in back-line good offer service to forward, good possession footballer.. 

* Con - Bad call as I Know he will get injury soon as he play vs Brighton and today is will put his legs bit too much pressure as he just back from injuring - Hamsting and ACL is one need long and extra time to recovery and training, work-out strength to this area before jump week by week it is can affect recovery.. 

in game - he is far better than Taylor when he off i knew we are screw up.. because we were better defend with good header and good tackle, good read games until Taylor on it is un-done what we good at it.. 

in fair it is hard to decide play him or not.. for me i think he should play 1 per week vs strong team and rest if we got game in mid of week,build up his strength and recovery his hamstring we have to play Hause in LB whiles he rest once he full roar and fit for 2 games of weeks.....I rather Hause over Taylor. so Bench we should Hause rather Elmo or Konsa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Southampton caught us with our pants down here.

Edited by Johnnyp
...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â