Matt Targett

villan-scott

Judging from the highlights from today's game, he'll make a superb partnership with Trezeguet. He made some excellent thru balls and crosses that we all know Taylor(sadly) is incapable of. 

I'd be surprised if Target doesn't start next game. I've valued Taylors defensive contribution and been arguing for him to keep his place, but Target seem to add a whole new element to our team. Hopefully he'll be able to replicate it in the PL. 

Edited by Skruff

Always been a fan of a left back who can do that kicking the ball thing. That thing when they have the ball in front of them and they sort of swing their leg at it with purpose, whip and follow through making a pass into feet over 7+ yards possible.

Underrated trait that.

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Always been a fan of a left back who can do that kicking the ball thing. That thing when they have the ball in front of them and they sort of swing their leg at it with purpose, whip and follow through making a pass into feet over 7+ yards possible.

Underrated trait that.

I’ve always been a fan of a left back that can defend. 

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He played against a weak Brighton.

From what I've seen from Targett he looks very suspect defensively. Would still play a reliable Taylor.

Not as if Taylor is solid defensively, large number of chances created against us come on the left.

Very often because Taylor positions himself way too narrow and allows his opponent too much space and time to cross.

And that's without offering anything going forward.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, brummybloke said:

All 3 goals created down the left.

Targett involved directly with one, for once the left midfield wasnt the weakest attacking. 

Let's see if that translates to premier games rather than weak opponents in the cup.

I thought he was directly involved for two of our goals. Jota’s and Jack’s. Both originated from a good Targett pass or cross.

I’ve only seen the extended highlights, but I thought he looked really good. There are a fair few clips of him stringing some good attacking passes together, as well as getting in the box and causing trouble. I’d start him against Burnley, personally.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AVTuco said:

It's hard to be worse, but... I just don't know about Targett either.

I'm thinking by next season, the likes of Taylor will be gone, and the likes of Targett will be back up.

However Targett is still a level up on Taylor.

As a matter of fact, don't we have a good young Left Back who alot were bemoaning not getting a chance?

Was he released or is he out on loan? Name has slipped me.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm thinking by next season, the likes of Taylor will be gone, and the likes of Targett will be back up.

However Targett is still a level up on Taylor.

As a matter of fact, don't we have a good young Left Back who alot were bemoaning not getting a chance?

Was he released or is he out on loan? Name has slipped me.

Mitchell Clark, we released him, he’s at Leicester City now, he’s naturally a centre back who can also play either full back position 

Targett is only young at 24, he’ll be our first choice left back for a few years I’d have thought 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve always been a fan of a left back that can defend. 

Taylor isn't very good at that either so we may aswell play someone that can at least cross the halfway line without getting a nose bleed. 

Â