Matt Targett

villan-scott

I want Grealish to look to his left when he's in possession and see an overlapping wing back he can pass to who he trusts not to waste the ball.

Against Everton his reluctance to pass to an available Taylor was glaringly obvious.

Targett is a ball playing wing back.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I want Grealish to look to his left when he's in possession and see an overlapping wing back he can pass to who he trusts not to waste the ball.

Against Everton his reluctance to pass to an available Taylor was glaringly obvious.

Targett is a ball playing wing back.

Yeah I mentioned that in a previous post, when Taylor went forward he was actively ignored numerous times by players who could have passed to him, pretty obvious why.....

• Like 3

Didn't look comfortable in the time he was on the pitch to me. Always a risk seeing how 1 player looks when you change the back line and entire rest of team bar jota.

Fingers crossed it is a minimal tweak,  he tried to run it off 5 mins before he went off.

Just now, Zatman said:

Mings also played left back his entire career before Villa

true but i wouldnt want to move Mings to LB unless everyone with a left foot was injured and missing a leg :P

to be honest, didnt get much chance to show anything before the injury.

All i learnt really, that is he needs to work on the defensive side of his game, while being actually quite good going forward and retaining the ball, which is basically what we knew already.

did ok tbh imo.

Just now, Farlz said:

Well as someone who wanted him to play over Taylor, I can see why he hasn't. 

Didn't look quite right tonight, got beat too easily. Gutted he's picked up that injury as well. 

Thankfully Smith doesn't listen to Villatalk.

Turns out just because you're a new signing doesn't automatically make you a better player than what you already got.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Thankfully Smith doesn't listen to Villatalk.

Turns out just because you're a new signing doesn't automatically make you a better player than what you already got.

Bit worrying thou if we've spent £14m or whatever on a LB who isn't better than the rather average and limited Taylor.

And that he's now injured to boot.

• Like 1

Didn't look that bad to me, whilst he was on the pitch Nakamba and Lansbury weren't having the best of games and now everyone is purring over them, if Targett had have stayed on maybe he would have improved equally.

Â