Matt Targett

villan-scott

• 3 weeks later...

Has been eaten alive in the first half against Watford.

Now, he wasn’t getting much protection from midfield, but he was still having a nightmare.

For their second goal, Targett got a bit of help from Mings and Targett tried (but failed) to cover the middle. Lack of pace sadly showed.

Fingers crossed he responds well because as things stand I’d be taking him off and putting Young out there.

Reminded me of that Wolves away game when Traore destroyed him from first minute.

Hopefully he dosen't regress as he was really good last season. Started poorly and tbh the manager didn't help him out at all, sometimes you can't always trust players to figure it all out for themselves Dean.

Newcastle selection going to be really interesting at both ends I think as give Saint Maximn the space on break we gave Sarr and he'd hurt us aswell.

• Like 1

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Embarrassed today. Young's spot to lose and Matty played like he knew it. Fragile ego it seems. 

You’d hope so but I bet smith keeps with him, players need to earn the shirt and he’s lost it after today’s performance 

One garbage performed after being a faultless ever present last season and now a 36 year old Young should have started and it's Young's spot to lose.

That's a hot take.

If Young starts more than 10 games this year prepare yourself for a bad year. He's been winding down for 4 years ffs

Truly awful. I'm usually pretty optimistic but man there is nothing positive to say about that performance. I lost count after the 4th time Sarr left him in the dust. 

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If Young starts more than 10 games this year prepare yourself for a bad year. He's been winding down for 4 years ffs

Not a bad “winding down” last year in fairness.

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He played now and again for a team already romping the league. Not really comparable to being asked to play LW in a competitive PL game.

Now and again? How many matches did he start?

Â