Matt Targett

villan-scott

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Small amounts of subcutaneous fat ≠ worse physical fitness.

He’s also pale, there’s a reason bodybuilders paint themselves with ronseal.

Fans get really weird sometimes 😂

Did i ever say he wasn't fit. Someone said targett could do with losing some weight. Doug said he'd have to just lose muscle and I said he does have some fat that he could probably lose without reducing his muscle mass. I never said that made him unfit. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Did i ever say he wasn't fit. Someone said targett could do with losing some weight. Doug said he'd have to just lose muscle and I said he does have some fat that he could probably lose without reducing his muscle mass. I never said that made him unfit. 

I’m not coming at you, more a comment on the original chat from the Young thread which has been moved here. Point is, it’s weird when people say x player needs to lose weight when they’re clearly not unfit, performing brilliantly and have top fitness coaches managing their bodies.

• Like 1

Let’s see if we can get this really weird conversation about his physique into this thread, Ashley Young thread, culinary delights thread, Things that pee you off and because a professional footballer who from what I’ve seen is a nice humble bloke and has probably earned more in his career to date than we will in a lifetime, is dating an attractive girl, the relationship thread. 

This forum sometimes man 😂

Edited by SuperTed
Wording
  • Like 1

It's weird when you can only give feedback to poor players, and then the habit here is to run them completely into ground and try to chase them out of the club.

I've said, or meant to say at least, in match threads a couple times that Targett would be even better if he lost a couple pounds. And I stick to that view.

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

It's weird when you can only give feedback to poor players, and then the habit here is to run them completely into ground and try to chase them out of the club.

I've said, or meant to say at least, in match threads a couple times that Targett would be even better if he lost a couple pounds. And I stick to that view.

200.gif

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

He isn't fat but he isn't exactly ripped. As I said a bit doughy around the waist. 

LdqO3ZI_compress49.jpg

The fact he played every single game last season and absolutely smashed it tells me his perceived physical condition is of no consequence to the likes of you and I, who are most likely sat on a sofa inserting jaffa cakes into our face and chatting shit on a forum. Meanwhile he's busy inserting something else so I suggest you leave  him to it along with your best wishes and heartfelt gratitude for being Matt Targett lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

He was in better shape last year then the season before and I'd be expecting him to be even better next season what with all the extra curricular activities he will be getting up to with his little lady.

" Doughy " lol

Unless he is meant to to be at 3 percent bodyfat, like a dried out bodybuilder, I don't see how he is doughy.

I actually think, he just put on a little bit more muscle last season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Doughy " lol

Unless he is meant to to be at 3 percent bodyfat, like a dried out bodybuilder, I don't see how he is doughy.

I'd love to know how people claiming he's doughy describe themselves... 

Im definitley not one to throw stones 

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Doughy " lol

He's fine JV and will be even better next year. Imagine if he improves same on same again, he will be the best LB in the prem.

Ps, did someone call him.Doughy

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'd love to know how people claiming he's doughy describe themselves... 

Im definitley not one to throw stones 

I'd say I'm pretty similar stomach wise to Targett. And I could definitely lose some weight. 

12 minutes ago, birdman said:

The fact he played every single game last season and absolutely smashed it tells me his perceived physical condition is of no consequence to the likes of you and I, who are most likely sat on a sofa inserting jaffa cakes into our face and chatting shit on a forum. Meanwhile he's busy inserting something else so I suggest you leave  him to it along with your best wishes and heartfelt gratitude for being Matt Targett lol

I never described him as unfit. I was just saying he could probably lose a few pounds before losing muscle mass which I think is a fair observation. I never commented on his quality although he did substantially improve this year. 

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Doughy " lol

See my PFP. 

Compared to Jack and Tyrone he does have a substantial amount more body fat. That isn't a dig or anything just a fact. And I don't think anyone can dispute that. 

Edit: although I will say jack claimed targett doesn't spend time in the gym last summer. So I would hope he has actually you know worked out since when his photo was taken. That being said he still didn't look that different in the games this season. 

EP8p8GPWoAADp7M.jpg

0_JS174595106~3.jpg

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

See my PFP. 

Compared to Jack and Tyrone he does have a substantial amount more body fat. That isn't a dig or anything just a fact. And I don't think anyone can dispute that. 

EP8p8GPWoAADp7M.jpg

0_JS174595106~3.jpg

Yeah but as I commented earlier, people simply have different body types and genetics.

It's like me saying Mings should build up his chicken legs/calves, as they look pathetic next to Jacks.

Targett probably has bigger quads/calves than Mings...

I bet Traore is " ripped " due to his genetics, but in reality he is just skinny and could probably do with gaining some muscle.

Basically, leave our favourite soft spoken Ginger alone!!!:ph34r:

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Â