Matt Targett

villan-scott

A phenomenal season from the bloke. You could probably count on 1 hand the number of bad games he's had this season, I'm genuinely struggling to think of a clear one. 

Very nice to see the recognition from his teammates. 

• Like 1

His only weakness is at the back post and even then you have seen his imorovement today nudging the Chelski player . A phenomenal season . An incredible improvement.  Joint first on the teamsheet for me with Martinez. 

The bit about Jack and Targett having a fight in training cause Targett left his foot in . Thats the difference in him. He is quite nasty now whereas last season he was meek . Like how Whittingham was 

• Like 1

It's remarkable that he was considered the team's weak link last season, the one player we almost universally agreed needed to be improved upon.

Oh how things change.

Massive improvement this season. Just goes to show, it takes for some players to settle. I was probably guilty of being too harsh on him last year. 

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

Massive improvement this season. Just goes to show, it takes for some players to settle. I was probably guilty of being too harsh on him last year. 

If some of the newer players improve even half as much as he has next season, we will be flying.

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Not be up against 2 top class left backs unfortunately.

He's brilliant should be rewarded with a cap next season at the least though 

Yeah, I agree with all parts of this comment. Targett is great, I liked him last season but he's made huge strides this season.

But Chilwell, at least currently, has an extra level or two.

i think its great that Targett won the Players player, great stuff as tbh i think it was a hair breadth between Emi and Targett for either, so nice to see Emi and Targett win the fans and players awards respectively.

• Like 2

Imagine If our last summer signings like Traore, Cash, Watkins etc improve like Targett and even like Nakamba, El Ghazi. Scary.

Players improve here. Luiz has been up and down but on the whole he’s improved since pre-lockdown and probably will even more.

Targett has been brilliant this season, deserves huge credit. One of the first names on the team sheet.

• Like 1

Just now, bose said:

Imagine If our last summer signings like Traore, Cash, Watkins etc improve like Targett and even like Nakamba, El Ghazi. Scary.

Players improve here. Luiz has been up and down but on the whole he’s improved since pre-lockdown and probably will even more.

Targett has been brilliant this season, deserves huge credit. One of the first names on the team sheet.

Yes i agree but I think Luiz has gone backwards from last season

Love how he has worked on his weaknesses.  He used to get caught under the ball so much allowing opposition chances at the far post but that is all but gone from his game.

Must be a delight to coach a player so receptive to coaching. Much credit to him and the staff

Been great this season on its own.

Then imagine just how great compared to last season where he would get torn apart for part of a game then go off injured, or pull out of challenges, almost like he didn't have the confidence to play for a big club.

Total turn around to have such a solid talented player now. Maybe not playing with fans in the stands has helped him ? But what ever it is, fully deserves his success.

Just me who loves him taking corners and generally our set pieces?

Gets terrific whip on the ball, hit a very nice corner early second half just before the penalty and was very clever to spot Traore and pretty much correct pace to reach him.

Does bemuse me it took us 7 months of the season to try him on them given how rubbish we've been at set pieces most of the season so hope it continues next season.

• Like 1

Â