Matt Targett

villan-scott

To start every single game is incredible. You need a bit of luck with injuries but shows what a great level of match fitness he must have. If he doesn't get POTS ill personally award him the Matt Targett Award For Being Matt Targett. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

His only competition for POTS is Martinez.

He's been an absolute dream. If he had a season like that for a big 6 club he'd be playing in the Euros in a few weeks

He's very solid defensively and is a fantastic compliment to Jack out on the left in attack as well.

I thought he was a major weak link 12 months ago, and a bit of a bottler going down injured all the time. 

I couldn't have been more wrong, what a season he's had. If you told me a year ago he would start every game of the season and be a contender for POTS I'd have laughed in your face. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Fantastic he could barely stay fit last season has come on leaps and bounds mentally and physically 

Edited by gwi1890

51 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Fantastic he could barely stay fit last season has come on leaps and bounds mentally and physically 

He’s really impressed. Credit to Dean and the coaching staff in helping him improve too.

• Like 1

Brilliant season, along with the rest of our defense. A classy player who reminds me a little of Gareth Barry in his build and technique. 

I think the MF/Wide forward areas are key to us retaining the ball better next season and will see our defence under less pressure and concede less again next season.

With Southgate watching I'm honestly not sure what else he can do, was perfect tonight

The sliding tackle for their disallowed goal from behind was so clean it's almost a shame how it played out because it meant nothing 

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

With Southgate watching I'm honestly not sure what else he can do, was perfect tonight

The sliding tackle for their disallowed goal from behind was so clean it's almost a shame how it played out because it meant nothing 

Not be up against 2 top class left backs unfortunately.

He's brilliant should be rewarded with a cap next season at the least though 

Â