Matt Targett

villan-scott

If he kicks onto a further level up next season he is going to be talked about for an England call up surely. 

I know there's masses of competition, but he is just so so reliable its unerring. 

He was really good as always, Mr Consistent, but I slightly miss his more rampaging mode that he employed at points last season. There were a couple of time today I just wanted him to break forward and he was cautious instead.

Anyway, who cares, he's done really well this season and I'm very happy for him.

• Like 1

Just a great player. Rarely gets beaten on the floor, decent in the air, has great passing ability, and can deliver dangerous balls into the box. 

I can't really see a weakness to his game...which is a massive turnaround from the wetter that player for large periods last year. Astonishing really - fair play!

• Like 1

If we can get him consistently further up the pitch it'll make us so much more dangerous. Usually puts in a terrific cross, definitely has the ability to pick a player out when pulling the ball back in the box.

Another good performance and my motm today.

I’ve Noticed recently that both him and Cash seemed to hesitate getting forward and are crossing from too deep IMO especially today ... I guess they were protecting the space behind them to cover the counter attack but we need them to get back to their marauding best next season.  

• Like 1

Was very pleased we put him on majority of set pieces tonight. Been calling for it ever since Hourihane left and once we stopped the short corner nonsense he put some decent ones in.

Does make you wonder though why it takes us half a season to think of stuff like that.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I’ve Noticed recently that both him and Cash seemed to hesitate getting forward and are crossing from too deep IMO especially today ... I guess they were protecting the space behind them to cover the counter attack but we need them to get back to their marauding best next season.  

Early in the season Targett and Grealish had a good partnership on the left and he was always pushing forwards

he's up for supporters POTS now on the OS. Don't think he'll win but absolutely deserves recognition. 

It feels like the first time in 10/15 years that starting LB isn't a priority to fix because the incumbent doesn't play like a braindead zombie.

We have a gem on our hands and you could see his potential last season.

Defensively rock solid, not fast but not slow, but his ability to spot and execute those forward passes is so rare. He's a very intelligent player. I'd say he's the best passing/crossing fullback in the league after TAA.

He fell apart like the rest of the players at the weekend in the second half but the first half i thought his passing and positioning was near perfect. Those low drilled passes to feet are a thing of beauty . 

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

On consideration he's my POTS.

Hasn't put a single foot wrong.

My player of the season too. He plays in a position where it’s difficult to have stand out moments but he’s been unbelievably consistent this season.

The fact that he was a player that I thought we needed to improve on in the summer just makes his season all the more impressive.

• Like 1

Â