Matt Targett

villan-scott

Really pleased for him. Got ruined by Adama Traore last season, and looked a bit ropey in a few other games, but has really improved defensively this year, and is a solid choice for POTS.
Without trying to sound biased, has there been a better defensive left back in the league this season? Not for me.

Delighted for him, one of the biggest success stories of this coaching setup I think. Wasn't necessarily our weakest point in the team last season (a lot of competition on that front to be fair) but outside of technical ability he looked below par in so many areas that he's managed to suddenly improve in tenfold this time around. Definitely well earned.

• Like 1

Personally I've been saying he's not good enough to be considered for England. That said I think Targett along with Grealish, Martinez and Konsa have been the stand outs over the season. Targett has probably made the least mistakes out of all of them too.

Great news. You can really see how much he’s physically developed since signing. His shoulders and arms are much broader, he looks much stronger. 

His defensive contribution has improved too. Well done Targett! Hope he keeps developing. 

Here's hoping his form doesn't follow the trend of the other players recently given contract extensions. white teeth troll GIF

Joking aside,  thoroughly deserved and again sending the right message to the rest of the players and anyone that is considering joining us.

• 2 weeks later...

Page 3 for our player of the season... disgraceful.  Just pulling ahead in the race for the award in my eyes. Hope the improvement he has shown this season is permanent. Imagine he moves up another level... 

Â