Matt Targett

villan-scott

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Watched the highlights back.

Shocking defending for their goal.

I'm not sure its shocking defending. He's been left one on one with their wing back (as both he and Elmo were for the entire game. He then showed him onto his weaker foot forcing him to hit a terrible shot. Its not his fault that McGinn couldn't be bothered to track his man or that Elmo decided to just let the ball go past him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

I'm not sure its shocking defending. He's been left one on one with their wing back (as both he and Elmo were for the entire game. He then showed him onto his weaker foot forcing him to hit a terrible shot. Its not his fault that McGinn couldn't be bothered to track his man or that Elmo decided to just let the ball go past him.

He shouldn't allow the attacker whip it in a danger area.

43 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He shouldn't allow the attacker whip it in a danger area.

I'm not sure I'd describe that as whipping the ball into a dangerous area. If he'd gone past Targett onto his stronger right foot and got the cross in then fair enough. In reality he's held him up and showed him onto his weaker foot from where he's completely mishit his shot which has ended up with the striker.

It's not too dissimilar to El Ghazi's goal against that stunning Leeds side at the weekend. 

48 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I'm not sure I'd describe that as whipping the ball into a dangerous area. If he'd gone past Targett onto his stronger right foot and got the cross in then fair enough. In reality he's held him up and showed him onto his weaker foot from where he's completely mishit his shot which has ended up with the striker.

It's not too dissimilar to El Ghazi's goal against that stunning Leeds side at the weekend. 

Best Youre Good Deniro GIFs | Gfycat

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tom_avfc said:

Its poor defending...stood off.....made it easy for the attacker.

yes show him on to weaker foot to force him back or to tackle.....did neither 

But to allow him to walk in to the penalty area and get a cross come shot off....vey poor.

The whole team are guilty for this...are we not bottom for tackles made????

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Watched the highlights back.

Shocking defending for their goal.

Back post vulnerability once again, not being aware of where you man is, its dreamy, ball watching and not man watching.....we do seem a tad nonchalant in letting crosses fly in too.....we might have good centre backs but we should be smarter at cutting out crosses at source.

1 hour ago, Bazmonkey said:

Its poor defending...stood off.....made it easy for the attacker.

yes show him on to weaker foot to force him back or to tackle.....did neither 

But to allow him to walk in to the penalty area and get a cross come shot off....vey poor.

The whole team are guilty for this...are we not bottom for tackles made????

too much ball watching and not enough "Man watching".......Dreamy,dreamy,dreamy.

Elmo is not a natural on the back post, seen him do that before....lacks concentration.

Oops, just said that earlier.

Edited by TRO

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

too much ball watching and not enough "Man watching".......Dreamy,dreamy,dreamy.

Elmo is not a natural on the back post, seen him do that before....lacks concentration.

Oops, just said that earlier.

I thought I was having a deja vous moment. 😀

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Really misses Jack I think

Not sure this is the case. Still linked up well with Anwar, some good opportunities for crosses (many). None of them came to much

Â