Matt Targett

villan-scott

On 26/06/2020 at 19:05, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually think he is pretty good when he is on form, and him and Jack have a lethal link up.

He has potential, but again, for the price we paid for him, it is criminal.

There is no way there were no immediately more suitable Left Backs available for 14 mill.

They do have a great understanding between each other so it appears but I agree that £14m was a tad steep.

• Like 1

Any news on the injury?

Would be nice to have him back for the Manure game. The plop game kinda doesn't matter as much as we'll not have the ball anyway.

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Out for 3 weeks accordung to mirror.  Big blow that. Stuck with taylor now jesus.

That's him out for the season then. At best he'll be back for the Wet Spam game on the 26th

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

At least, we’ll be a bit more solid defensively

By having a player who continually gives the ball away. I doubt.

I think Targett is the only defender in the squad to have been brought up with modern day elite coaching which teaches defenders it is okay to pass the ball to someone's feet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 28/06/2020 at 05:43, AvfcRigo82 said:

They do have a great understanding between each other so it appears but I agree that £14m was a tad steep.

About 10 mill too steep.

On 01/07/2020 at 16:24, AV82 said:

In a turbulent window, one of our few decent signings... is injury prone! The villa way.

Not for 14 mill though, eh!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Thought he was excellent today when he came on.  Few passes down the line were fantastic 

Put it on plate for Trez and Davis. One wont ever get a better chance for a premier league hatrick and the other won’t get a better chance for a premier league goal.

Yes was an excellent outlet on the left in the second half.

I have reservations about him at prem level. Don't really get the people though who think he'd be a liability in the championship given he was starting for Fulham when they beat us in 2018. He'd probably be a major attacking threat down there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’s easily good enough for this league. For the reported £11.5m we paid to Southampton for him, I think he’s done well. When he links up with Grealish, it’s a joy to watch

Agree. How some people don't rate him is beyond me.

Â