Draft Fantasy Football 2019-20

tomsky_11

For those the the VT Prem ( @chappy, @Hornso, @lp_villa830, @Rds1983, @Demitri_C, @skarroki ), any thoughts on draft day/time?

I've provisionally set it for 8th August at 8pm UK time. This is 3 hours after transfer window closes, though not sure if this will give enough time for deadline day signings to be included in the draft. First game is Friday 9th.

7 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

For those the the VT Prem ( @chappy, @Hornso, @lp_villa830, @Rds1983, @Demitri_C, @skarroki ), any thoughts on draft day/time?

I've provisionally set it for 8th August at 8pm UK time. This is 3 hours after transfer window closes, though not sure if this will give enough time for deadline day signings to be included in the draft. First game is Friday 9th.

Mate I think that is too late if the first game is the 9th. We can always draft players later for any new signings?

How about the week before on the 1st?

Edited by Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Mate I think that is too late if the first game is the 9th. We can always draft players later for any new signings?

How about the week before the 2nd?

Too late as in to aren't available for it? Or something else?

I'd suggest the later the better as this gives more chance of new signings being in the draft and will know better who might be sold out of the league as well.

If deadline day signings aren't in our draft then none of them will be available for first gameweek as new players added 48 hrs before gameweek will not be available on waivers until the following week.

Edited by tomsky_11

1 minute ago, tomsky_11 said:

Too late as in to aren't available for it? Or something else?

I'd suggest the later the better as this gives more chance of new signings being in the draft and will know better who might be sold out of the league as well.

If deadline day signings aren't in our draft then none of them will be available for first gameweek as new players added 48 hrs before gameweek will not be available on waivers until the following week.

Too late because it's a day before first game. I think people sometimes have second thoughts about players so they want a bit of notice to look at available ones before first game starts. 

For example I bloody missed a turn last year as went toilet and came back and was allocated a player.  Annoying

But I managed to trade him a few days later

13 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

For everyone else that's in ( @avfcDJ, @kurtsimonw, @villaluke, @Dante_Lockhart, @HanoiVillan, @maqroll, @Fowlersrs ), also worth discussing what times are best for draft.

I work 9-7 weekedays, so after 8 or weekends would be better for me. With @maqroll being stateside, a later time would probably suit him better?

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Too late because it's a day before first game. I think people sometimes have second thoughts about players so they want a bit of notice to look at available ones before first game starts. 

For example I bloody missed a turn last year as went toilet and came back and was allocated a player.  Annoying

But I managed to trade him a few days later

I think trades should be available immediately after draft. I'm guessing all draft players not picked must go to free agency after the draft, so this should give opportunity to change team before first game. I'll try and confirm if this is the case or not.

And on the allocated player, you can preset a short list which will be picked from if you are not available to select own player.

Edited by tomsky_11

21 hours ago, villaluke said:

I have set up the league for the 8th August at 8.30 pm so we know all the transfers if anyone can't make it then I can change times? 

Sounds good.