Infected?

Xann

Dear Customer, 

Thank you for your email.

We have checked our system with email address (blahblahblah) and found that you haven’t completed an application request with a payment. 

In this situation there is no need for any data removal, as system only stores the data for the applications completed with a successful payment.

NOTE:  We are a ICO registered company.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. 

Kind Regards, 

On 25/06/2019 at 22:40, mykeyb said:

Deceptive? Well he is intelligent and it came top of the Google search so it's a paid ad. He might have used a debit card, cannot remember to be honest but I am pretty sure that he got nowhere with his complaint to bank/CC and I think he complained to the company direct. In answer I think it's deceptive an meant to be so but not sure how trading standards would tackle it if they are offering the service they advertise however deceptively.

Like this..🙂

https://www.nationaltradingstandards.uk/news/6-million-confiscated-from-copycat-website-criminals/

Three ‘copycat’ website criminals were ordered to pay back more than £6 million* between them at a proceeds of crime hearing at Teesside Crown Court yesterday (2 April 2019). They were told that failure to pay within three months will lead to a further 26 years behind bars for the trio, which would be in addition to the prison sentences totalling more than 38 years for this case.** 

The confiscation orders follow trials held in July 2017 and March 2018 which led to the initial convictions and prison sentences. These trials were two of the biggest conspiracy to defraud trials ever brought by trading standards and heard how, between January 2011 and November 2014, the criminals set up and operated copycat websites that knowingly misled hundreds of thousands of consumers into paying more than they needed for a number of government services including new or replacement passports, visas, birth and death certificates, driving licences, driving tests, car tax discs and the London Congestion Charge.

The lookalike sites were deliberately designed to mimic official websites run by eleven government agencies and departments. They manipulated search engine results, making users think they were using official government websites when in fact they were using ‘copycat’ sites that charged additional fees, leaving consumers out of pocket and at risk of identity theft.

The hearing marks the end of one of the biggest investigations undertaken by the National Trading Standards eCrime Team and Regional Asset Recovery Team (north east). The Judge commended the investigative team and financial investigator. His Honour Judge Sean Morris presiding said:

“This case has brought to book very complex fraudsters who scammed the public out of millions of pounds in a sophisticated fashion and enabled me to recover millions of pounds on behalf of the public.”

• Like 1

Â