Sign in to follow this  
Demitri_C

Boston

So who has been? Seen some cheap flights with BA but to go in November.  Anyone ever been at that time of year?

Is there a lot to do? I have been once before for a wedding 5 years ago but didn't get a chance to see much of the city but from what I did see i loved.

What's the best area to stay close to city centre?

Pack a warm coat. Check live music listings, Bruins/Celtics tickets, art museums (MFA, ICA, Gardner). The Seaport District is the hot area the last few years, so that could be a fun base area to book a hotel. It's in the shadow of all the downtown skyscrapers and a quick walk away from the North End (old Italian area with good food) and Chinatown. 

On 19/06/2019 at 18:50, maqroll said:

Pack a warm coat. Check live music listings, Bruins/Celtics tickets, art museums (MFA, ICA, Gardner). The Seaport District is the hot area the last few years, so that could be a fun base area to book a hotel. It's in the shadow of all the downtown skyscrapers and a quick walk away from the North End (old Italian area with good food) and Chinatown. 

Thanks I've booked in the fenway away as that's where I have been advised to stay at.

It's really cheap to fly to just the hotels are stupid prices. I hope Boston isn't as expensive as London is..

I went about ten years ago. Spent a day in Boston and from what I could see, that was probably enough. Fairly typical North American city. Lots of good sports on offer - I want to go back and see a hockey game but I was lucky enough to go to see a game a Fenway when I was there. 

The big sell for me with Boston though was the surrounding area. New England is just stunning. 

Edited by choffer
I’m aware I might be selling it short as a city. I was being guided round town by a friend who may not have given me a complete picture of the place.

We had 6 days there in late October last year. Saw the Red Sox victory parade, did Halloween in Beacon Hill, and went on a whale watching trip. There’s a few interesting historical buildings, but on the whole it’s a fairly small, dull city.

Sign in to follow this  

Â