Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tomav84

Ticket exchange 2019/20

Recommended Posts

resurrecting an old thread...anyone use the ticket exchange last year? was it ok? i see it's ticketmaster now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

resurrecting an old thread...anyone use the ticket exchange last year? was it ok? i see it's ticketmaster now

We didnt have a resale partner last year , was a shambles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

We didnt have a resale partner last year , was a shambles

oh weird...there's an option for it under tickets which takes you to ticketmaster. perhaps getting it ready for next season then...hope so as i can seldom attend evening games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we going to have one for 19/20? I'm not sure we are, don't see much point in having a ST if you miss more than 2 games (in all likelihood).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NulliSecundus said:

Are we going to have one for 19/20? I'm not sure we are, don't see much point in having a ST if you miss more than 2 games (in all likelihood).

agreed to an extent, but stuff comes up doesn't it, and it's nice to have the option to get a few quid back if you can't make a game for whatever reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I remember in the  Lambert days I used to regularly get tickets for £10 in the upper trinity- and then watch us lose. The good old days....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

agreed to an extent, but stuff comes up doesn't it, and it's nice to have the option to get a few quid back if you can't make a game for whatever reason

Absolutely (and apologies, wasn't meant to sound like a moaner) - I am considering getting one myself but am already likely to miss two games (West Ham owing to holiday and think we are also at home on my daughters 3rd birthday) so without the ticket exchange there isn't much point for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, NulliSecundus said:

Are we going to have one for 19/20? I'm not sure we are, don't see much point in having a ST if you miss more than 2 games (in all likelihood).

I'm expecting I'll miss more than 2 games. I'm aiming to go to 10-15, but having a 1-year-old, I'm sure there will be some weeks where I decide I'd rather stay home and play with her.

What's the alternative? Buy single tickets and then when I feel like I want a season ticket again (which I will in a few years, I'm sure) put myself on a waiting list or hope that Villa still have some available? I'd rather just have a ST, go to most games, and potentially have the option to flog my seat or give it to a mate if I can't go.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

I'm expecting I'll miss more than 2 games. I'm aiming to go to 10-15, but having a 1-year-old, I'm sure there will be some weeks where I decide I'd rather stay home and play with her.

What's the alternative? Buy single tickets and then when I feel like I want a season ticket again (which I will in a few years, I'm sure) put myself on a waiting list or hope that Villa still have some available? I'd rather just have a ST, go to most games, and potentially have the option to flog my seat or give it to a mate if I can't go.

And that is going to be the most difficult aspect to convince the missus of! 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NulliSecundus said:

And that is going to be the most difficult aspect to convince the missus of! 😅

Mine encouraged me to get one. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not! :lol:

Because of the potentially missed games, I've gone for the cheapest ST in the £370 bracket. I'll miss my Upper Holte seat, but I'll give the Upper North a chance!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I'm expecting I'll miss more than 2 games. I'm aiming to go to 10-15, but having a 1-year-old, I'm sure there will be some weeks where I decide I'd rather stay home and play with her.

What's the alternative? Buy single tickets and then when I feel like I want a season ticket again (which I will in a few years, I'm sure) put myself on a waiting list or hope that Villa still have some available? I'd rather just have a ST, go to most games, and potentially have the option to flog my seat or give it to a mate if I can't go.

that's where i'm at. i live on the south coast so evening games are always going to be tough for me for example

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I'm expecting I'll miss more than 2 games. I'm aiming to go to 10-15, but having a 1-year-old, I'm sure there will be some weeks where I decide I'd rather stay home and play with her.

What's the alternative? Buy single tickets and then when I feel like I want a season ticket again (which I will in a few years, I'm sure) put myself on a waiting list or hope that Villa still have some available? I'd rather just have a ST, go to most games, and potentially have the option to flog my seat or give it to a mate if I can't go.

same for me, at least this way I know I am guaranteed a ticket especially for the games against the big 6 where ticket demand will be especially high.  May work out more expensive per game but at least it opens the options, much better than the reverse where I find myself free on a Saturday afternoon but can't get a ticket.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m unable to buy a season ticket this year but will try and attend as many games as I can.  But my eyesight is crap so it’s only worthwhile if have decent seats which are normally taken by season ticket holders. 

So hopefully  theirs a ticket exchange this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone privy to any updates on this? tweeted avfcsupport but they're unsurprisingly not very helpful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any news on the resale scheme? Can’t make this as I’m at the Ashes test match in Leeds that day and won’t be able to make it down in time (cheers Sky)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chappy said:

Any news on the resale scheme? Can’t make this as I’m at the Ashes test match in Leeds that day and won’t be able to make it down in time (cheers Sky)

There is an option within your account to sell the tickets back to the club for 80% of the ST value over the  19 home games. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kingman said:

There is an option within your account to sell the tickets back to the club for 80% of the ST value over the  19 home games. 

i'm looking but cannot see anywhere to do this? where abouts in my account is this option?

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/08/2019 at 10:24, tomav84 said:

i'm looking but cannot see anywhere to do this? where abouts in my account is this option?

thanks

Login into your account and click on your name in the top RHC,

On the RHS under Alerts is Ticket Resale, Says "Cant make a game click here to sell your seat" 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â