Jack Butland

alreadyexists

If true this is a great signing and will get us points next season.... although like most I feel really bad for Steer, I hope he gets a number one spot elsewhere if we do sign Butland. 

I cant help feel that there was something fishy going with on with the signing of Kalinic, almost as if there was already an agreement they had to honour since when We tried to get him previous... can’t put my finger on it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, av1 said:

What's the record number of pages for a speculation thread that didn't happen?

Not sure but I remember the Baros thread reaching 136 pages before he actually signed.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stockport_Villain said:

It’s amazing how short people’s memories are. That save in the 1st leg of the play-off was world class, along with that fact that he commanded his area, came for crosses which meant the defence had confidence in what was behind them. Sshheeesshhh

I did say he had done OK but wasn't tested very often. We will be under a lot more pressure on a consistent basis next season, facing shots from the likes of Kane, Aguero and Salah. Bit of a difference from a pee roller by 'wee' Barry Bannon on a wet Tuesday evening in Sheffield! 

Edited by Made In Aston

Yes its a bit harsh on Steer and I've been one of his biggest fans saying he should be in the team ever since we got relegated.

However Butland is 6'5 and one of the best shot stoppers around, could be one of the best in the Premier League in the next couple of years. 

Playing for a big club like Villa he will be Englands #1 ahead of Pickford in no time

6 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

If there was one thing I was certain of when it came to our summer business, it was that we wouldn't be searching for yet another goalkeeper and one of Nyland, Kalinic and Steer would be fighting for the number 1 shirt. Shows whats I know.

Saying that, I would like But

Haha, you like butts

^Can we make this a thing please? Totally childish, a waste of everyone’s time and it derails every discussion. But I would love it if we could do this every time his name is mentioned. K?THX!

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

So anything remotely concrete on this or is it still a baseless rumour?

We have a fellow Villa fan indicating he thinks its happening. He could be misinformed but he definitely wouldn't make something up. 

Thats it really. I dont put any stock in the BBC or Gregg Evans who also have reported it.

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The bookies' dont know shit when it comes to player moves or next manager markets. They react to any old gossip.

They react to people putting bets on, not gossip. If someone puts £500 on Butland to sign, they'll shorten the odds because it seems that someone knows something.

If they changed the odds to this level every time there was a rumour, the odds would be up and down like Terry’s knackers. 

10 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The bookies' dont know shit when it comes to player moves or next manager markets. They react to any old gossip.

Bookies react to betting. I struggle to think that one little Twitter rumour has led to enough betting for it to move to 1/4. So either something else has meant a few big bets, or they're privy to something which had shortened odds (but not enough to suspend betting) 

• Like 1

Is he any good with the ball at his feet? I don't think it can be underestimated how important the keeper being able to pass is to our style of play under Smith. I thought Steer was good enough in pretty much every aspect and a good fit for a Dean Smith team. 

• Like 1

Â