Jack Butland

alreadyexists

8 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Expensive & predictable from a relegated club. Not really like them if you know what I mean? 

Butland is young for a keeper though so that fits.

The expensive part I'm not so sure on. We paid £6m for a keeper in January. In the Championship. We spent £22.5m yesterday. 

I'm not sure they will mind where the players come from. I get where you're coming from, I personally don't see much of a pattern emerging yet.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

And to think I had no good reason to be pissed every week in the off season

I have 1000 excuses ready made for my missues. If you need a few I'm happy to share 😋

4 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Before yesterday I did not believe this rumour. Yesterday has changed everything. Our owners really appear to mean business. This would be another sign of that. He is a top keeper which is something we have lacked for years and years. I would love this to happen.

I hope this doesn’t sound critical but I’m suprised to still be seeing people say this.

I think it’s been very clear from everything that’s been said they intend to build a side to challenge, not just to take part.

That bit I’d say is evident.

To add a personal opinion, it’s my view these guys are so wealthy there’s no way they are doing this for money. They want the thrills, they want to sit with the King, they want to join in the whole jamboree. 

What do you get for the billionaires who have everything and who love Sport ? A famous old Club with massive potential for a bargain price. They aren’t daft, they won’t go mad, it’ll all be planned and controlled, but it’ll be ambitious.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Called Jota, El Ghazi, and Mings most recently, (Pretty much a few days after promotion -before they were concrete) although obviously Mings hasn't happened (yet).

He never straight up trys to be some sort of ITK, he just says "From what i've heard" etc.

Wouldn't be strange though as he is a prominent Villa pod caster and is in contact with Club sources often,

He called Abraham before all the usual media outlets jumped on it as well, I trust him, if he thinks its done then welcome Jack!

• Like 2

I think he's a class keeper, just heard Spinksy on the radio saying he'd prefer we went in for Simon Mignolet .. nah rather Butland thanks.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Feel bad for Steer, he's been superb for us. I know there should be no room for sentimentatlity in the game but I really do think Steer is a good keeper. If Dean and the team feel Butland is better and worth the 20m, I'm behind em. I hope it's Nyland and Kalinic that go on loan/leave instead though.

Don’t want to get ahead of myself as nothings signed but if we do get another GK I wouldn’t feel bad for Steer.

He has played a major role in us getting promoted. He’d have no trouble getting a good move to another Club now.

If he stays, He would be our No 2, a position he was okay with previously, he will be in the PL, he’ll be on a decent contract, and he’ll have a fair chance of playing, certainly in the Cups.

That ain’t bad !

• Like 3

Keep thinking of the lyrics to YMCA (I used to perform this on the bar of O'Neills in Moseley as a staff member in 1998 - it was policy) 

And the first line of every verse - exchange 'young man' for 'But Land' - (I have no idea why I associate YMCA with Butt Land). 

• Haha 1

Butland has been Stokes player of the season twice, including this season. I did not know this. 

9 caps for England. If I recall correctly he was in position of the number one shirt when he fractured his ankle against Germany? Was supposed to start at the Euro's?

Oh... and he will be our 4th signing of the summer, the 2nd of whom who has played for the shit. 

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Don’t want to get ahead of myself as nothings signed but if we do get another GK I wouldn’t feel bad for Steer.

He has played a major role in us getting promoted. He’d have no trouble getting a good move to another Club now.

If he stays, He would be our No 2, a position he was okay with previously, he will be in the PL, he’ll be on a decent contract, and he’ll have a fair chance of playing, certainly in the Cups.

That ain’t bad !

I agree

You can also add with Butlands injury record there's a better than fair chance he would get 10+ games a season (including cup games).

Not too familiar with Butland apart from his excellent shot stopping? How's his distribution? I'm assuming pretty good if Dean and co. are after him. Can't have had too much use of it playing for Stoke and SHA you'd imagine.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

That ain’t bad !

He'd also be a No.2 somewhere we trust and love him a bit :thumb:

• Like 1

Prior to the newspaper reports and today I saw a random tweet saying he was odds on for Villa - which to me looks like insider knowledge making some money. I'd have ignored it if it wasn't followed up as it has been - it has every trajectory to be real - and if not then Dan Bardell will suffer, and I can't see him taking that sort of risk. Then again, maybe we're all just high from wesley...

• Like 1

Â