Jack Butland

alreadyexists

I’ve always admired Butland from a distance, even when he was at Blues, he’s a very good goalkeeper in my opinion. I met him at Joe & The Juice in Solihull a few years ago, he seemed like a very nice and well mannered chap. The rumoured fee of £20m is a lot of money but it’s the going rate these days for a quality, proven Premier League goalkeeper which I think he is. He’s also at a good age of 26 years old, he could be our number one for the next 10 years, unlikely I know but possible, he seems like he’s been around for a very long time, it’s hard to believe that he’s only 26, I’m all for this potential signing, we seem to be showing ambition 

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

The only thing making me doubt the butland rumours, and the Phillips rumours etc, is both our signings so far have come completely out of leftfield and out of the blue.

The club are  doing a good job of keeping people off the scent, so that alone now makes me question if anything reported as "villa are going to bid for X player", is just because people actually have no idea who we are going for.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new LB, DC and DM literally appear out of nowhere :)

This is exactly why I'm finding it so difficult to be excited about the Butland rumours, I think he's great keeper but I can't say with any degree of certainty we are even looking at him! The same for Phillips, they both make sense that's why we are being linked with them, but it doesn't mean we are in for them. 

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

Steer was OK when called into action last season, but let's be honest, it wasn't very often. I can safely say he is good at saving penalties, but I haven't seen him really tested to make any statements about other aspects. However, the coaching team has, so if they feel he isn't up to it I will trust their better judgement. 

It’s amazing how short people’s memories are. That save in the 1st leg of the play-off was world class, along with that fact that he commanded his area, came for crosses which meant the defence had confidence in what was behind them. Sshheeesshhh

26 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Except in pub leagues where the goalie is usually the guy with the worst hangover.

Karl is that you 😋

He's never stood out for me I must say. Can't remember him dropping any clangers though.

Good age, good all rounder, but will need to work on feet.

It's a position that's sorted.

Â