Finances 2019/20

kidlewis

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I must admit I am a bit worried if we don't stay up. I just hope this isn't another reckless xia spending spree

If we don't stay up I would have a lot of confidence about our chances to come straight back up.

This current team being built is literally a million miles away from the team we had that went down.

We are in a better state than this time last year !

(If you hald told me we would be in prem and shelling out £22m on a single player - I would have asked what you had been smoking) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I must admit I am a bit worried if we don't stay up. I just hope this isn't another reckless xia spending spree

I wouldnt worry too much, it looks to me like we have a plan this time around instead of just buying the best players in the Championship and hoping for the best.

We also need to remember £20m on a player is a pittance by Premier League standards these days even compared to when we were last in the league and par for the course with all the money sloshing around. 

• Like 2

All we have to do this season is be better than 3 other teams over the course of 38 games.....cone on villa I believe :)

anything else is a bonus, as long as we stay up we can keep building.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

We are being run properly now...

Last time we were in the Premier League, we had a clueless charlatan as our chairman who bottled it and shafted us after Man City got taken over by oil billionaires and his wife divorced him... He then penny pinched and **** us...

I am confident we are going to make progress under our current owners and management

50 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

All we have to do this season is be better than 3 other teams over the course of 38 games.....cone on villa I believe :)

anything else is a bonus, as long as we stay up we can keep building.

Hope so mate. Feels good that we can sign 20m players again as as opposed to struggling to get sign players like Joe bryan

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kidlewis said:

So compared to last year we think we are +£11m already against sponsorship?

not a bad start, probably covers the increased promotional wage bill or at least a mega chunk of it

How have you come to this figure?

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Going up has essentially given us a big boost for if we come down again.

• Like 1

I somehow missed the BR88 announcement until today, do we know if they are under the same organisation umbrella like Unibet and 32Red were?

Seems too much of a coincidence that their names are almost identical for them not to be

Just now, Junxs said:

I somehow missed the BR88 announcement until today, do we know if they are under the same organisation umbrella like Unibet and 32Red were?

Seems too much of a coincidence that their names are almost identical for them not to be

Good point. 

They got announced within a couple of days of each other as well.