Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

23 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

Agreed. But as I said, he's 22. He's not much older than Green who most people would agree is not ready for the PL. 

I won't defend his past record, because you make a good point - it's not particularly impressive. But he still has a lot of potential for improvement if given the chance.

yes - but if someone come in with £22m for Green - I think you would rip there arm off !

3 hours ago, wilko154 said:

So you would rather have Agbonlahor, Ayew, Kozak and Gestede over Wesley, Kodjia and Davis?

Ok then

It's been 5 games... 5!

Well Agbonlahor has a proven record, Gestade had had a good season the year before for Blackburn and Ayew I think was decent in a struggling team. Yes I accept it early days and Wesley might do very well but compared to other Premier League attack’s it looks a bit weak. It’s the weakest area of our squad. 

Moraes and Davis seem both not to be natural goal scorers. A team that wants, needs, to do well, usually has to have one proven goal scorer.

I think Moraes may prove to be a poor buy, and we will have to buy a decent striker in January. Really, this is something many of us feared. We support him and hope he will improve, but many saw the problem at a time when there were other strikers available, both here and on the continent.

Goalkeepers and strikers win you games. We have one, but not the other.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

This is what posters on here were saying about Benteke after his fifth game with us, not too dissimilar to what's being said about Wesley now.

Can't believe that was 7 years ago. Where does the time go?

From memory though, Benteke looked to have a better first touch and all round game at this stage than Wesley, he was just missing the finishing touch. He was also getting into goal scoring positions only to fluff chances, but at least that was encouraging. Wes is lucky if he gets 1 chance a game.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, useless said:

No but it has something to do with the people who are writing him off. In other words it shows that people have a tendency to write players off too soon, haven't looked but wouldn't be surprised if it was a similar story with Kodjia after his first five or so games with us.

I know what you're saying. My feeling, only a feeling, is that sometimes we write players off too soon, like you rightly pointed out, but sometimes we're right too. 

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

There's only so much a coach can do when the talent isn't there.

It’s that simple, let’s sell him in January then. Everyone in the club has f*cked up, he is talentless. Sack Suso.

Edited by thunderball

In that last game there we so few crosses into the box or attempted through balls that it is hard to really lay all the blame at his feet, even if he is in no way absolved of blame either for our crapness.

I feel every game something improves and then something else gets worse, Nakamba made the midfield look better but the attack fell apart.

I’m not convinced by Wesley. He seems too slow and lightweights. Hopefully he’s still adjusting to the game and will improve.

It also seems opposing defenders are able to have too much time on the ball because he’s unable to aggressively press the way Tammy used too. It’s not really his style I guess.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Rudy Gestede and Scott Hogan offered a lot less never mind Ross McCormack

Who's heard of them though?

Up and down the land any failed striker is likened to poor big Emile.

• Like 1

Reminds me of an Emily Heskey who doesn't work hard.

The number of times we broke from defending a corner and it took him about 10mins to get to the other end of the pitch.  We can debate about quality, but there is no debating that.

19 hours ago, wilko154 said:

It's been 5 games... 5!

my feeling is that there will be people throughout the season saying it's too early. there will be posts in a week saying "It's been 6 games...6!" or at xmas saying "It's been 18 games...18!" at what point does slack stop getting cut because it's early days for him?

i do get it's early, and i do feel sometimes we do write players off too early, but by and large i think most of us have watched enough footy in our time to know if someone is going to click or not. benteke had something. lack of goals aside, we saw a player there. i dont see anything in wesley except that one of the biggest, strongest players i've seen to put on a villa shirt who throws himself to the deck whenever an opposing player makes contact. he is simply not doing what he was brought in to do. he must have been told about it after spurs, therefore he must be downright disobeying the coaching staff

i desperately hope i'm wrong. i was so excited about him when we signed him. he went straight into my fantasy team....but i'm calling it...he's not gonna make it for us. 5 games in or not...i just have that feeling

• Like 1

Â