Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Nice touches late on when we actually got it into his feet.

Not sure what the answer is, but we aren't getting him into the game enough, and when he's quiet, he also isn't making enough happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks a bit nothing.

Can't say a single thing he looks competent at.

Confidence is king for strikers but early signs looks like a dud.

Some pretty pathetic dive attempts.

Room for improvements, sure our scouting team saw something to make them spend such huge money on him.

• Like 1

Car crash display. Missed a sitter, wasn't involved much, positioning in the box abysmal, lacking effort and aggression, generally all over the place.

5 games in is enough to pass provisional judgement, so far alarm bells starting to ring. He's not lacking ability, as the Everton game showed, but very concerned at his finishing and positioning. We need goals and whilst he's getting horrific supply from the flanks he needs to do a lot more. Must do better.

It’s his hold up play that needs to be better IMO. He seems to go down way too easily. There isn’t much around him generally, but he doesn’t allow us to get up the pitch much. 

Early days, but he’s got to improve. 

Just now, djdabush said:

Problem is I don't think Davis is any better. That failure to buy another striker is looking like it could be season defining now.

Yep. 

Terrible decision when we invested so much money. 

Got great options in defence and midfield and nothing to change upfront. 

8 minutes ago, djdabush said:

Problem is I don't think Davis is any better. That failure to buy another striker is looking like it could be season defining now.

I actually think at this stage Davis would at least put himself about a lot more and do a better job holding it up.

Think that was his worst performance by some distance. We can't get him into the game. Frustrating. Still think there is a player there though, I don't think we should be relying on him scoring all our goals though we have little option. Not buying Maupay will cost us big time.

Edited by PieFacE

Â