Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

I also like the passion he shows, the way he argued with Mina for example, or how he doesn't accept when he gets manhandled and not getting a free kick and lets the ref know that, or when he lashed out at someone fouling Trezeguet. Mings had to calm him down a couple of times.

He looks like the hulk and as he could eat someone alive. I sure wouldn't want to upset him. Think he will cause quite a lot of problems for defences during the season, making space for the others to score and get one or two himself.

On 24/08/2019 at 12:27, MaVilla said:

Just saw a Wesley interview where he basically said:

"For my goal (vs everton) I saw jota and knew he played a pass in pre season where I scored a similar goal, so I made the run expecting the pass and jota made the pass"

For reference that was the defence splitting pass against Charlton that Jota made for Wesley, was a similar goal.

Kinda shows how important getting to know each other on the pitch is, and hopefully how much more is to come once the players get to know each other.

Wesley and jota were immense.

do you know where can I see that interview?

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think it was tweeted by Villa. I think it was Captain Jack interviewing him. Have a look back through the official Villa twitter page. His English is fantastic, by the way.

16 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

14 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I think it was tweeted by Villa. I think it was Captain Jack interviewing him. Have a look back through the official Villa twitter page. His English is fantastic, by the way.

Here u go.

The specific bit about "expecting the Jota pass" starts at roughly 40 seconds.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Thanks! And regarding the language he seems to speak English without any problems at all, sometimes you see interviews with players and you get the impression they don't understand the question, talking about something else than the question asked or repeating obvious things. Wesley understood  and replied directly and gave calm answers. Strange why anyone would say anything else.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Here u go.

The specific bit about "expecting the Jota pass" starts at roughly 40 seconds.

From his smiles looked like he just wants to get his passion out.. can tell he was jubilant after that match but kept his media training in check..just about.

The more I see this guy play and talk and also research his life story the more impressive he becomes. Before anybody accuses this guy of being lazy ever again they should look at what he has achieved, the lengths he has been prepared to go in order to achieve it and the many obstacles that have littered his way.

Lazy people do not have life stories like his at any age let alone 22. It is those labelling him as lazy that are in fact the lazy ones. You have gotta love a bit of irony!

Very good player indeed! Massive potential he impressed me the first time i saw him play!

Not sure why anyone has been questioning him and writing him off the last few weeks on here? Why??

It's obvious he's a very good player and can only improve further...

UTV

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

On 23/08/2019 at 12:08, TRO said:

some of us must have wasted 40 years of entrance money.

For me.....coaches coach.....scouts ,scout.

Some fans are very discerning spectators, who have been watching the game all their adult life and know the game from watching, very,very well....They are not scouts or coaches, but understand what is going on/ not going on ,on the pitch.....some of course, like coaches and scouts are better than others.

Who knows more about Trains, a Train spotter or a Station Master?

On 26/08/2019 at 18:42, M_Afro said:

The more I see this guy play and talk and also research his life story the more impressive he becomes. Before anybody accuses this guy of being lazy ever again they should look at what he has achieved, the lengths he has been prepared to go in order to achieve it and the many obstacles that have littered his way.

Lazy people do not have life stories like his at any age let alone 22. It is those labelling him as lazy that are in fact the lazy ones. You have gotta love a bit of irony!

Can you please elaborate on the Wes story? Or post a link to a page that I can read up on it all?

Thanks so much in advance.

Wesley saw himself as an attacking midfielder, but the Slovakian club looked at his power and pace and had other ideas. “He didn’t want to play like a No 9. He wanted to play in the middle. But all his talent that he had was really to be a striker,” Rybnicek says.

Well that explains why he looks like a playmaker at times 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He didn't exactly impose himself, but what service did he have? We lost the midfield battle so comprehensively that he had little to work with. I feel we need to get someone closer to him. 

This is precisely the issue. We didn't retain the ball in the final third well at all, so no opportunities for him to receive the ball in behind. There was absolutely zero quality going into the box from wide positions either, with both wingers putting a pathetic attacking display in and the fullbacks not looking particularly capable of delivering either (no surprises with Taylor). 

He could have put himself about more but he was really set up to fail by the performances of those around him. This for me is a growing concern, it's not Wesley, it's the midfield not delivering.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

He didn't exactly impose himself, but what service did he have? We lost the midfield battle so comprehensively that he had little to work with. I feel we need to get someone closer to him. 

I agree with that, but counterpoint, Davis came on when we had 10 men, and got very little service, but Davis still managed to impact the match. 

Wesley was barely moving up top. If the ball was not coming directly to him, Wesley was not putting in the effort. Guilbert played him a pass into space, and Wesley didn't even attempt to run for it. 

Wesley has 7 touches in the first 45 minutes with 1 completed pass. HORRENDOUS. 

Â