Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

9 hours ago, terrytini said:

But if I was forced into this trend of early assessments, I’ll put my claret specs on and make one.

I think he’s going to be an absolute powerhouse. 

Now I will go somewhere quiet and admonish myself for giving in to premature judgment 🙂

😎😎

While I’m not prepared to crown him the long awaited heir to Benteke just yet, if he keeps giving performances like that, we’ve got one hell of a player. 

Immensly strong, quick, good passing, tireless running and smart movement, and his finish for the goal was as cool as you’d want. Proper complete striker. 

Some of the criticism that was put towards him after two games was embarrassing. He showed enough in the first couple of games to give us a picture of who he is and what he's about. Anyone who was wanting Kodjia to play instead should hang your head in shame. 

He will go on to have many games where things don't quite click and where he might not be on top of his game, especially as he's still finding his feet. In that situation, remember the game he had today.

I'm so pleased for him today.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

Like someone said in another thread, he has a knack of being a playmaker as well, which is true. He is very good at winning and holding the ball then passing it with perfection to a winger. He must have done this 10 times today to Jota. Him, Jota and Guilbert seemed to have a slight ménage à trois going on 

Well chuffed for him, he needed and deserved that goal. He holds the play up when needed and tonight we saw a more attacking edge to his game. Hope this is the start of a scoring spree. Well done Wes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Like someone said in another thread, he has a knack of being a playmaker as well, which is true. He is very good at winning and holding the ball then passing it with perfection to a winger. He must have done this 10 times today to Jota. Him, Jota and Guilbert seemed to have a slight ménage à trois going on 

What’s great about it is the way he then gallops into the box! 

The run he made across the CB for the goal was just superb, credit to Jota for the perfectly weighted pass but it didn’t look like anything was on in front of him at first. Big Wes came from absolutely nowhere to finish that off. He’s clearly more than a player who holds the ball up well. Hopefully the first of many and our midfielders can create the opportunities for him

Great game and very good goal. On the the next game now! Can’t believe people were getting on his back after two games. I will say it again, let’s judge the new players after 10-15 games at least! 

It was clear from the beginning he was just getting used to the pace of the league, like a lot of our players. We saw in preseason he more than has the attributes to succeed in this league, we just had to be patient with him.

After that performance I'm struggling to find a flaw in his game.

Holding the ball, physicality, movement, touch, positioning, shooting, taking no BS from agricultural defenders, playing in others.

Maybe heading? I can live without that.

... and he's only going to get better as he beds in. What a player we have!

36 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Some of the criticism that was put towards him after two games was embarrassing. He showed enough in the first couple of games to give us a picture of who he is and what he's about. Anyone who was wanting Kodjia to play instead should hang your head in shame. 

He will go on to have many games where things don't quite click and where he might not be on top of his game, especially as he's still finding his feet. In that situation, remember the game he had today.

I'm so pleased for him today.

My thoughts exactly.

Â