Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

12 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Pretty absurd to ask him to drop deep, be the link-up, i.e targetman then complain he hasn't scored in two matches with very limited service. 

Just be patient with him and he'll get 12-13 goals 

In all competitions maybe, can't see it happening in the PL alone......8-10 tops but would love to be proven wrong!

Hopefully a few assists along the way though if we play to his strengths.

Edited by zab6359

Just now, zab6359 said:

In all competitions maybe, can't see it happening in the PL alone......8-10 tops but would love to be proven wrong!

That's my thinking. It's obvious we will have an unusual amount of goals from midfield. 

From the extended highlights Wesley looks a lot better than a lot of people on here are saying. I think he is a player who could go either way: brilliant or awful. I seem to remember that a lot of people on here were writing Benteke off for the first seven or eight games before he really hit his stride. His issue was that he kept missing a lot. You can see why we bought Wesley - there are the ingredients for a good player there - it is not certain that he is going to put it all together in the right way to become that player but one thing is for certain is that it will take time.

I think that he'll get into double figures this season, people say that he's not a goal-scorer but last season in the Belgium league he scored ten goals in what in terms of minutes on the pitch was 25 games worth of football, and that was just in the league, he scored another 7 goals in other competitions including two in the Champions League, also worth noting that he wasn't a regular penalty taker for Brugge either.

25 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He seem more like a goalmaker than a natural goalscorer to me and we don't need that.

What we need is a natural goalscorer that will get us 10-15 goals. If this guy doesn't produce soon Smith have to consider Kodjia.

Maybe we should recall Hogan.

:trollface:

28 minutes ago, blandy said:

I must confess he's not impressed me at all and right now he looks a dud signing....after 2 games. But thinking back,for example to JPA and Savo - it took both of them ages to settle in and start scoring, so people like me jumping to barely formed, inexpert judgements after 2 games ought to think on a bit and have a bit more faith. 

That's me had a word with myself.

Watch the extended highlights again. He has moments where he looks quality the way he skips past people. This means he has it in him at least he just needs to do it more often.  

Id more concerned if I hadn’t seen anything from him like a Bosko Balaban or Scott Hogan.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

From what I’ve seen in the last game compared to what I saw of Kodjia all of last season I’m shocked that some fans already want him replaced. 

Really hope he can score on Friday. 

To be fair to Kodjia he was played mostly as a winger last season. You have to take that into consideration.

Kodjia's goal to minute ratio for us last season was very good both he and Hourihane contributed a lot of goals and assists without being regulars, I wouldn't rule him out being our top goal scorer this season as long as he can stay fit, but that doesn't mean to say that Wesley is going to have a bad season, we're allowed to more than one good player in each position.

Edited by useless

8 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's my thinking. It's obvious we will have an unusual amount of goals from midfield. 

I don't think that it obvious - and depends who you class as midfield. Sure Mcginn looks likley to weigh in with 6 or 7 , Grealish doesn't score as many as his talents warrant , Connor might not even be in the starting 11.  Its not only goals its goal threat, and though its early days and haven't seen much goal threat from Big Wes. 

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He reminds me of Drogba when he first joined Chelsea. At times looks a world beater at other times looks like he’s never played football in his life. 

I think he’ll eventually be fine. 

Me too!

Except for the world beater part. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Watch the extended highlights again. He has moments where he looks quality the way he skips past people. This means he has it in him at least he just needs to do it more often

I haven't even watched them once - I just went to the game and saw the Spurs game on the telly. Yes he sometimes showed good touch, control, movement even.

Just not remotely looking dangerous, maybe one shot in 2 games and not troubling defenders near the box. I've got my fingers crossed for him and hope he settles in and is a success. Like I said above, just cus he looks duff after 2 games, means now't. We have to give him (and everyone) some time to find his feet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blandy said:

I must confess he's not impressed me at all and right now he looks a dud signing....after 2 games. But thinking back,for example to JPA and Savo - it took both of them ages to settle in and start scoring, so people like me jumping to barely formed, inexpert judgements after 2 games ought to think on a bit and have a bit more faith. 

That's me had a word with myself.

And Benteke as well. Although he scored his first goal early on he got tons of flak in the months immediately after. Wasn't until the second half of the season that he properly kicked into gear.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

And Benteke as well. Although he scored his first goal early on

CB scored in his first game, didn't he? Came on as a sub against the Albion, missed an absolute sitter from about 4 yards, then scored a much harder chance 5 minutes later - all down the far end (North stand). He looked raw but dangerous. Wesley looks sort of meek and harmless.

Â