Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Just now, PieFacE said:

Kodjia - 1 appearance in the Premier League, 0 goals.
Wesley - 2 appearences in the Premier League, 0 goals.

Such a huge difference! 

Kodjia is shit.

And how many minute has Kodjia played compared to Wesley in Premier League?

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Pukki hat trick today...he didn't need time. Sorry but I agree with you. I don't know where the goals are going to come from

Really? Pukki who played with the same team all last season? Why would he need time? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Pukki hat trick today...he didn't need time. Sorry but I agree with you. I don't know where the goals are going to come from

Apples and oranges, Pukki has been at Norwich for a year. Plus he was playing a Steve Bruce team which never hurts 😉

I thought Wesley looked pretty good at times today and I've seen enough of him to know that he will be a good player given time.

The problem is how much time it is going to take, its a shame because we really don't have a lot of it and he is going to be under an immense amount of pressure if he doesn't start showing very soon

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Very surprised by some of the responses in here. Thought he played ok and did very well to set up Trezeguet at one point.

Certainly needs more time.

60% pass completion.

Least amount of touches on the team. 

That's Hogan levels. 

At home, against a team we can get points off we need a lot more. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

60% pass completion.

Least amount of touches on the team. 

That's Hogan levels. 

At home, against a team we can get points off we need a lot more. 

Isolated up front.

Second game in a villa shirt.

Would’ve had an assist if Trezeguet put it away. 

We can pull stats out of our arses all day. I don’t disagree with your fourth point but a lot of the criticism levelled at him is harsh in my opinion. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, poitier said:

He did some good things today without being consistently good, but he just doesn't look like getting onto the end of a cross.

Yeah this is my only issue with him. He does all the other bits well (he'll get used to to the physicality of the defenders soon enough, he's built like a shit brickhouse), it's just that he doesn't seem to be around the ball when a cross comes in. Doesn't sniff out chances like Tammy used to.

25 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Really? Pukki who played with the same team all last season? Why would he need time? 

He's played much of his career in Scandanavia. One appearence for Sevilla in 09/10 and scored 8 goals for Schalke over two years so as much unproven at top level as Wes or indeed Kodjia,.

A few seasons back, I think it was their first season up, Southampton had lost something like 4 or 5 on the bounce. Then as was our habit we stopped their run by losing to them. However it wasn’t a one off and they went on to have an excellent season and in fact their stay in the PL has over all been very good. 

My point is we’re just 2 games on with virtually a new team. Benteke for example took around half a dozen games to find his feet. If I were to go back in history there’s lots of examples of players taking months. It will take as long as it takes, panicking and not supporting players, coaches and the team as a whole will do nothing to help or speed things up at all. 36 games to go!!!

Edited by DaveAV1

To me, Wesley does not look like an out and out centre forward and that really concerns me. It was sort of compounded at the end when he went out wide right and Davis went down the middle. 

If we do go down this season, I really feel because we will have been let down by the strikers not scoring enough goals. 

I'm not writing him off! Just expressing my concerns about him and his playing style. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

To me, Wesley does not look like an out and out centre forward and that really concerns me. It was sort of compounded at the end when he went out wide right and Davis went down the middle. 

If we do go down this season, I really feel because we will have been let down by the strikers not scoring enough goals. 

I'm not writing him off! Just expressing my concerns about him and his playing style. 

to be fair we couldn't afford or attract a proven goal scorer. This is a big step up for wes  - but what concerns me is that he wasn't a major goal getter at his previous clubs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's played much of his career in Scandanavia. One appearence for Sevilla in 09/10 and scored 8 goals for Schalke over two years so as much unproven at top level as Wes or indeed Kodjia,.

Pukki and Wesley are not even remotely comparable. 

Pukki has been in the country for over a year, can speak the language, is settled, and is in his second season playing for a team who have barely made any changes and he knows the style of play and has already proven he thrives in it. 

Wesley has been in the country for about 2 months, barely speaks English, is playing for a brand new club, in a team that has had major surgery done to it and is still getting to know each other.

It's going to take time for partnerships to build on the pitch and for everyone to learn each others game. 

It surely can't come as a shock that we haven't hit the ground running with Wes.  Yes, some players do manage to do that when they join a new team, but more often than not they don't.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Pukki has been in the country for over a year, can speak the language, is settled, and is in his second season playing for a team who have barely made any changes and he knows the style of play and has already proven he thrives in it. 

Wesley has been in the country for about 2 months, barely speaks English, is playing for a brand new club, in a team that has had major surgery done to it and is still getting to know each other.

It's going to take time for partnerships to build on the pitch and for everyone to learn each others game. 

It surely can't come as a shock that we haven't hit the ground running with Wes.  Yes, some players do manage to do that when they join a new team, but more often than not they don't.

How do you know he hasn't hit the ground running ? - He wasn't a prolific scorer at his previous clubs. I can't quite see why he cost £22m - I also like a forward to at very least lead the line - must admit this goals from all across the front line smacks of being too clever

I was always worried about our attack going into this season, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, and Wesley, don't strike me as a trio who are going to get a lot of goals for us, yes we have midfielders who can contribute, but we need goals from our front three as well. People talk about Hourihane and Kodjia not being good enough for the first eleven, but between them they were directly involved in thirty of our league goals last season, either via scoring themselves or getting an assist, and when you consider that we've also lost Abraham, that's most of our goal threat from last season gone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I wasn't really comparing them to be honest, if anythin Pukki and Kodjia are more comparable given Kodj has been in this country 4 years and has excellent scoring record in championship.

It was more Pukki still had to prove himself in premier league as we've seen many championship strikers have 20 goal seasons and then look out of their depth in the top flight (Gestede) so there was no guarentee a week ago Pukki was going to score as regularly but he's made a very good start and Norwich certainly need it.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Some very good work holding up and bringing others in the game but had no service and was isolated. Bottom line is he needs more service in the box, but the one concern is that he just doesn't get into good enough positions often enough.

I thought he got quite a bit of the ball - but it was all in deep areas - with no aerial  threat and no pace I don't see how he will get much service in the final 3rd.

• Like 1

Â