Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

10 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

@Jas10 @Steero113  I thought Wesley's first touch was well controlled as he was running with the ball, he then played the ball perfectly to Philogene-Bidace for his goal.

Yet if you look back a few pages it was @DCJonah who thought his touch was bad and criticised him for it but yet gave him no praise for his pass. I argued if his first touch was bad he'd have checked his run or got tackled but did not. Hence, good touch, good pass.

I think some just dislike Wesley unfortunately and it clouds their views.

Well that's a lie. I said it was a good pass and the right thing to do. 

I haven't watched the other angle yet but it sounds like I was wrong about it being a bad touch and have no issue admitting that. 

• Haha 1

We need better backups than our current Backups, Walsall simply showed how much trouble were in if Watkins is out for one reason or another.

I hope Davis is loaned out or sold as the media suggests and I hope we get something back on Wesley and go for a decent quality striker like Tammy. Let's face it with a Watkins and Tammy partnership, Smith has options and he certainly wouldn't mind rotating or subbing them where I get the feeling that if Wesley and Davis are backups then Smith will just burn Watkins out all season. Damn it even Alvarez if Tammy wasn't to be brought it would be something and much better than Davis and Wesley. To be fair though Bailey would be the smartest move as he can play Center Forward and left and right wing and he's been hammering goals home and seems like he has that killer instinct. If we had the money and the club were prepared to buy two of those players then I'd go for Bailey and Tammy.

But something need to be done and our backups need moving on because it's a weakness that can just derail our season soon as Watkins can't play.

13 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I wasn't really invested in it though, just wasting time. Hence the gifs, they were an attempt at making some fun of the situation.

Personally I really want Wesley to succeed and hence why I was adamant of giving him some positivity. He's had a tough time and needs our support.

I wonder if he could play sixty minutes today or will Smith play it safe at just the forty-five minutes?

You're right. And if I'm honest, I can be far too negative about him at times. Which I shouldn't, the guy deserves a clean slate and I obviously hope he comes good. We need a strong other option up top. 

I think Smith might do the same as the last game. Mainly first team for the first half and then fringe players 2nd. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You're right. And if I'm honest, I can be far too negative about him at times. Which I shouldn't, the guy deserves a clean slate and I obviously hope he comes good. We need a strong other option up top. 

I think Smith might do the same as the last game. Mainly first team for the first half and then fringe players 2nd. 

Yes probably makes sense to give everyone game time.

In fairness to your opinion I think Wesley needs game time to work off some of his 'rustiness' hence my hope he'd play perhaps a little longer.

• Like 1

Irrespective of whether he is good at setting up goals or not the real question we should be asking is.Can we depend on him if Watkins is injured or suspended.As far as im concerned,no he is not good enough to count on if Olly is out.

Â