Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

3 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

Of all the people and things to google, why would you choose Alan Smith?

Think it was something stupid like me wondering if the pundit " Alan Smith " was Alan Smith. lol

Not sure i've actually seen the pundit before.

Then it lead me to wondering what happened to Alan Smith, as I remembered him from Leeds days ( Mate was a huge Leeds fan ) , me Villa obs so kept tabs during the period by default,

Think I might have even wanted us to sign him at one point, I also quite liked DOL. lol

• Like 1

I have always liked Wesley and what a player he was up until his injury at Burnley last year. He is my favourite player even though he’s been injured. I think he’s a great guy on and off the pitch.

I have just read an article from Birmingham Live https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-already-considering-replacing-19910912 and Gabby Agbonlahor feels Watkins should have bit more of a hand upfront (that’s where we’re missing Wesley) and Davis has sort been the backup alongside Watkins. There’s been some games where Watkins has been alone upfront.

Skipping to the end of the article, it said if Wesley fails to impress, we could get rid of him.

4 hours ago, Louis said:

I have always liked Wesley and what a player he was up until his injury at Burnley last year. He is my favourite player even though he’s been injured. I think he’s a great guy on and off the pitch.

I have just read an article from Birmingham Live https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-already-considering-replacing-19910912 and Gabby Agbonlahor feels Watkins should have bit more of a hand upfront (that’s where we’re missing Wesley) and Davis has sort been the backup alongside Watkins. There’s been some games where Watkins has been alone upfront.

Skipping to the end of the article, it said if Wesley fails to impress, we could get rid of him.

I'm inclined to think he could be an SS/Advanced attacker but not THE striker ( Although he could have been totally recoached ) as it seems he has the tendency to go deep.

Contrary to what some may say, he actually has a good/quick eye for a good pass.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Think it was something stupid like me wondering if the pundit " Alan Smith " was Alan Smith. lol

Then it lead me to wondering what happened to Alan Smith, as I remembered him from Leeds days ( Mate was a huge Leeds fan ) , me Villa obs so kept tabs during the period by default,

Think I might have even wanted us to sign him at one point, I also quite liked DOL. lol

I thought he was a Villa fan 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The pundit Alan Smith (ex Arsenal/Leicester is) - the blonde bloke who played for Leeds, Utd and Newcastle, I don't think so...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm inclined to think he could be an SS/Advanced attacker but not THE striker ( Although he could have been totally recoached ) as it seems he has the tendency to go deep.

Contrary to what some may say, he actually has a good/quick eye for a good pass.

I totally agree with you on that one. I think he has good mentality in the attacking front. The only thing is though would Dean Smith start him straight away or could he be on the bench?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wasn't it Alan Smith ex Arsenal who was the pundit?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

He was supposed to be I think, he played for Alvechurch in his early days.

I think he has been so ingrained in Arsenal, not sure if has any affection for us.

Posted " Soon " along with a photo in kit on pitch yesterday. For some reason VT won't allow me to upload due to " size " even though my quota is nowhere near full.

Anyway, good to see the likes of Ming's and Martinez giving him support on the post.

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Posted " Soon " along with a photo in kit on pitch yesterday. For some reason VT won't allow me to upload due to " size " even though my quota is nowhere near full.

Anyway, good to see the likes of Ming's and Martinez giving him support on the post.

Spotted this as well. Let's hope it's his own version of soon, and not the Villa "soon".

To be honest though,  I'll be pleasantly amazed if he is back on the pitch by my definition of soon (maybe 2 weeks in football terms).

Good news either way though, as it gives a further indication that the belief he has in himself is still there.

I want him to kick the ball so hard it takes flight and a powerful wind carries it to Burnley and cracks Ben Mee on the chops so that he ends up looking like the cabbaged one's identical twin brother.

I should be working.......

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I cant wait until he's back....I really want to see how he is after the injury and more importantly how he looks in this new team. I really hope he come back from this adversity and becomes the player we hoped he would. He's going to be in a much more settled environment and with far less pressure on his shoulders. Could be the making of him. Fingers crossed 🤞

• Like 3

Very much looking forward to him coming back. But kinda writing him off this season. Even if he's in the squad for the next game and gets minutes (yeah I know it won't happen) it's going to take months for match fitness to come back. Won't see him at his best until next season.

• Like 1

On 26/02/2021 at 13:11, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I read an article when he first joined that in his first team after moving from Brazil (think they were in the Ukraine possibly) he kept telling the coach he was a no 10. The coach just said "nah, you're a big ****, get up front" but in Ukrainian. 

His natural position is definitely deeper than a striker's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, May-Z said:

It was Trencin in Slovakia. Which means his coach said "si veľké kurva, choď vpredu"

I went to see Slovan Bratislavia a few years ago who are the only Slovakian club I have heard off and the crowd was literally in the hundreds. Dr Jo connection between us and Villa.

Eastern European football is in dire straits as there is no money in it and if you are any good you go to Germany or Italy.

Apart from Zenith St Petersbury I can't recall a eastern european team winning a european trophy since Red Star Belgrade.

Â