Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Hasn't the club said pretty much from the start that March at the earliest was the expected return or have I made that up?

Anyway I've not counted on him returning for this season as more than perhaps some cameos right near the very end of the season.

• Like 1

He won't go in the summer, he will be like a new free signing for next season and he'll get his chance to compete.

I can't believe how many people have written him off like he is 36 years old.

• Like 2

If he can improve as much as all of his peers signed around the same time, he will be superb. I’ve been guilty of slagging him off and I’ll hold my hands up there as it should be clear to everyone by now that we should never be writing players off until after a full season. I think it’s just his attitude and diving that got to me but who knows how different his mentality might be after he’s fought back from injury and is now part of a successful team.

I just hope he can recover his fitness and get going again. He offers something different to Watkins and gives us another option. 

14 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

I hope he comes back with fire in his belly and becomes a part of a now much more confident and experienced squad...

and then I want to see him hurt Ben Mee

I normally don’t back stuff like this, but yeh, I too want Wes to absolutely destroy Mee in as many ways as possible

On 08/02/2021 at 04:43, DJ_Villain said:

I hope he comes back with fire in his belly and becomes a part of a now much more confident and experienced squad...

and then I want to see him hurt Ben Mee

Nah, I want him to score a hat-trick against him.

On 05/02/2021 at 10:56, The Fun Factory said:

Yeah I can't see him leaving in the summer. Any buyers will want to see evidence that he can come back and play regular football. Maybe a few cameos at the end of the season and maybe a loan abroad somewhere next season but we will see. 

Depends on how he's looking in training but it wouldn't shock me if we loaned him out for at least part of next season to a less physical league to get his confidence back up (and also increase his value a bit if we decide to move him on in summer 2022). Can't remember if he signed 4 or 5 year deal but that's obviously running down if it was just 4 years.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Depends on how he's looking in training but it wouldn't shock me if we loaned him out for at least part of next season to a less physical league to get his confidence back up (and also increase his value a bit if we decide to move him on in summer 2022). Can't remember if he signed 4 or 5 year deal but that's obviously running down if it was just 4 years.

Under contract until 2024.

2 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Under contract until 2024.

Ah 5 years then, no surprise given it was a big old fee we paid.

Guess we'll keep him around and he'll hopefully recover enough to make some sort of impact and then we make decision in summer 2022 as to his long term future.

Really want him to do well.

I HATED his moaning antics and rolling around on the floor while the game carried on when he first arrived.  Once he grew out of that, I warmed to him.  Then that clearing in the woods **** up his knee.

13 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Yeah... he can hurt him like that as well...

but, honestly? I really want to see Ben Mee in physical agony

Maybe a hat trick where each goal deflects in off Ben Mee’s boll@*€$ would be a happy medium? 🤣

• Haha 1

Â