Jump to content
Tomaszk

Wesley Moraes

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Bit of a push to be classed as a personal attack. How many players get accused of being lazy? It's a criticism of their attitude but I'd find it hard to think its would be classed as an embarrassing personal attack on a player 

Is it? I consider calling someone lazy a personal attack particularly when I’ve not seen any obvious evidence of it being true.

I don’t really care either way, just pointing out to you that people didn’t start defending him because of a post thoughtfully pointing out his clear flaws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, it is technically a personal attack. Its just, technically speaking a lot of the shit people say towards these players can be considered as a personal attack in some manner. Hogan and Taylor for example probably been insulted many times in ways that could technically be considered personal attacks but no one seems to give a ****. People really only give a shit when its against a player they like.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see how Wesley would do in a 4-4-1-1 system.

People go on about him being this false 9. I want to see some evidence in that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'd like to see how Wesley would do in a 4-4-1-1 system.

People go on about him being this false 9. I want to see some evidence in that.

i just want to see him in a role that isn't target man because despite his build he quite definitely isn't one

with that in mind the judging him on and sniping over his lack of headed goals is utterly **** stupid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, villa4europe said:

i just want to see him in a role that isn't target man because despite his build he quite definitely isn't one

with that in mind the judging him on and sniping over his lack of headed goals is utterly **** stupid

I'm judging him as a striker.

I have many issues with him. The constant falling to the floor really pisses me off. Him always never being in the box when we cross also pisses me off.

He constantly finds himself in midfield without really doing anything. I think we are the wrong club for him. We're playing with a lone striker and it doesn't suit him.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For example, I think Neil Taylor is absolute dog shit.

However I don't search for the Neil Taylor thread to talk about how dog shit I think he is every time Targett has a good/great game. Or go out of my way to have a dig at him at every opportunity.

I also give Taylor credit and acknowledge when he has a solid game.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For example, I think Neil Taylor is absolute dog shit.

However I don't search for the Neil Taylor thread to talk about how dog shit I think he is every time Targett has a good/great game. Or go out of my way to have a dig at him at every opportunity.

I also give Taylor credit and acknowledge when he has a solid game.

 

Wesley doesn't help him self with his constant moaning and falling to the floor in games.

He isn't very likable. At least not for me.

If he got rid of what i just mentioned in his game i think i would like him a lot more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Another who needs to get a grip. 

We always seem to have players that are untouchable to a section of our fans. And those players are always the ones playing poorly. Really strange. 

No one has said anything offensive towards the guy and people are acting like he's being attacked. 

Ridiculous. 

Really. Go back through the thread and there were idiots HOPING he got injured for " the good of the team"

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Really. Go back through the thread and there were idiots HOPING he got injured for " the good of the team"

If i have said that i apologize and take it back. That's awful.

My dislike towards Wesley has more to do with his mannerism on the pitch. But i don't wish for our own players to get injured.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I mean, it is technically a personal attack. Its just, technically speaking a lot of the shit people say towards these players can be considered as a personal attack in some manner. Hogan and Taylor for example probably been insulted many times in ways that could technically be considered personal attacks but no one seems to give a ****. People really only give a shit when its against a player they like.

Exactly. Its always been the same. Laughable really. 

And like I said, it's usually poor players that some can't hear any criticism about  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, av1 said:

Really. Go back through the thread and there were idiots HOPING he got injured for " the good of the team"

And to be clear, because this ‘good fan’, ‘bad fan’, ‘better fan’ stuff admittedly gets tiresome, if you hope for a fellow human being (whose only crime is not being as good at football as you would like) to get hurt so that the team you choose to watch does better, that doesn’t just make you a bad fan it makes you a bad person. 

Thinking someone is a bad player doesn’t. Wishing them harm is messed up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really having the claim that people only dislike personal attacks when they're directed at someone they like.

Bruce had well and truly burned bridges when his time was up with us, still doesn't really justify a lot of "fat and useless" shouts from fans, same with some of the stuff that Nyland got prior to his injury last season which was honestly a bit embarrassing to read, regardless of how poor his performances were. I know social media is a law unto itself but the case was the same when Villa posted a happy birthday to Neil Taylor last year, torrents of personal abuse for someone whose only crime is not being up to standard at left back. Every fanbase has it but I really don't think we help ourselves sometimes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

And like I said, it's usually poor players that some can't hear any criticism about  

Who are you talking about? I’ve not seen anyone blindly praise Wesley and refuse to accept criticism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Who are you talking about? I’ve not seen anyone blindly praise Wesley and refuse to accept criticism.

I can think of at least one specific person here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't we all just get along 🤔

Let's stop the BS, wish Wes a good comeback as its in our best interest that he actually gets better and come back a much better player.

Im surprised this has gone on as long as it has.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Can't we all just get along 🤔

Let's stop the BS, wish Wes a good comeback as its in our best interest that he actually gets better and come back a much better player.

Im surprised this has gone on as long as it has.

I like the idea that any comments on an internet forum have any impact on that. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, av1 said:

Really. Go back through the thread and there were idiots HOPING he got injured for " the good of the team"

Well that's uncalled for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought something very bad or very good happened when I saw this thread grew by 4 pages in a day. Turns out it was just a throwback to this thread from when he was still playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Keyblade said:

Thought something very bad or very good happened when I saw this thread grew by 4 pages in a day. Turns out it was just a throwback to this thread from when he was still playing.

And this not even on a Thursday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I can think of at least one specific person here.

Ok. I’ve only read the last page or so. It doesn’t surprise me if there’s one taking a strong position on something silly. Initially I was simply responding to a post that to me implied someone had given a legitimate criticism of Wesley and then got shouted down by lots of people which I’ve not seen anything like.

There’s always going to be or two taking ridiculous positions on each side anyway. Just see the mad rants of the guy on the last page!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â