Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

She was awful.

A lot of the time I feel the criticism against female commentators goes too far and is because people find it odd hearing a woman's voice.

I have a female friend who works for Sky and is incredibly knowledgeable about football. When she just did voiceovers on the Youtube channel it was all horrific abuse. When she was in front of the camera it was all just about how good looking she was. Unfortunately she has now decided her career is behind the cameras so it's not a surprise they're always dragging out thick as shit ex players to comment instead.

You only have to look at the likes of Joe Cole to see playing at the top level is no guarantee of competency. Eni Aluko proved this when she was a pundit for our game v Chelsea.

Yes, there is no reason why you shouldn’t have a female commentator and I have heard some decent ones in the past (I think the commentator in our preseason match against Columbus Crew was good) but the BT commentator this afternoon was very poor.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Are we really villains?

look, I'm ok with your constant complaining most of the time but really mate....? he scored a great goal today instrumental to our win and got a bad injury and this is what you conjure up? a dig at spelling? wow

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Injury was almost inevitable.

Starting him every single week, never give him a rest.

you saw the tackle I assume? no amount of rest would protect any player from that.

• Like 1

Shouldn't VAR have examined this tackle, Mee completely 'followed through' in an out of controlled fashion. Thought it was bad in 'real time', looked horrendous slowed up. What was the ref thinking? His most important priority is to protect the players.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

She really was dreadful. Good luck to anyone criticising her though. 

She irritated me throughout, but really annoyed me when seeing the replay of this tackle said there was little contact and that Wesley just fell awkwardly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, turvontour said:

She irritated me throughout, but really annoyed me when seeing the replay of this tackle said there was little contact and that Wesley just fell awkwardly.

I'm glad people are picking up on this, it annoyed me at the time....I was thinking is she even watching the same game?

But anyhow, Wesley was good today and as has already pointed out he was involved more with the game and got into some dangerous positions. Good finish too!

Hope his injury is ok 👌 

UTV

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Ben Mee has form. He broke Joe Gomez's leg doing exactly the same thing.

**** the FA for not cracking down on this thug.

does this really bad person play with a protective cup because you'd think you wouldn't want to scissor like that unless it's with your lover? in any case, extradite this asshole back to hell.

Edited by osmark86

17 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I missed that one but heard her quip about our "back up keeper copying Grealishs hairstyle"  when he was coming on, the other commentator had to jump in and say his name. She was like "oh, er , Nyland, yea that's right" something along those lines.  Embarrassing really from BT today

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

does this really bad person play with a protective cup because you'd think you wouldn't want to scissor like that unless it's with your lover? in any case, extradite this asshole back to hell.

He’s a eunuch....allegedly 

Just a few of her nonsense,

hause getting in between the 2 defenders- hause went around the back of the defenders

He attacked it at the far post-

The Burnley player was at the near post

There was hardly any contact-

When mee scissors wes wiping him completely out

Taylor is great at attacking down the left and outs in great crosses-

Taylor's least likely out of our entire squad the do either of those things

They are just a few of her f***wittery today, serious lack of knowledge on football, players or anything football related.

10 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

I missed that one but heard her quip about our "back up keeper copying Grealishs hairstyle"  when he was coming on, the other commentator had to jump in and say his name. She was like "oh, er , Nyland, yea that's right" something along those lines.  Embarrassing really from BT today

BT sport have got some right idiots doing their punditry and analysis. I still believe that the club should be seeking compensation or at least initiating a grievance. It disgusts me that it wasn’t even referred. Mee knew what he was doing. Getting the ball is regardless. McGrath, Bobby Moore, Baresi et al never had to make dangerous tackles to win the ball. 

Edited by Sulberto21

35 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I was amused early in the game when she  said Taylor has a wonderful delivery into the box.  Proof positive this commentator knew nothing about him!

Â