Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Are we really villains?

Beyond parody.

You know he's Brazilian and it's his first 6 months in this country? And he speaks several other languages. What a pathetic thing to pick at.

What did you think of his performance today?

• Like 3

Tackle didn't look so bad in real time. 

Luiz seemed to be acting as translator. Hoping it's just a contact injury and nothing serious. 

To be honest neither Luiz or Wes looked overly concerned when he was heading off. 

I presume we won't know either way until tomorrow. 

By the way Wes was very good today. Played so much better when he had Grealish playing close to him. 

16 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I've been watching Villa for 28 years and I got this spelling wrong recently.

"Wrong" is pretty subjective, isn't "villans" a fairly recent trademark related change?

Even the fanzine is called Heroes and Villains ffs.

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Mee seems a nasty bastard. Challenge was unnecessarily wreckless.

Not the first time.

I don't necessarily wish that someone destroyed his legs, but if it happened, I'm not sure that I'd be upset.

Here's another one. As with the Wesley and Gomez tackles, there's a deliberate second movement after he wins the ball.

Refs are very attuned to studs up tackles (which often don't do any damage besides a nasty bruise) but this kind of tackle deliberately twists the standing leg. It's ****ing criminal. He's setting out to injure people.

(Edit: watching this one again, it probably is just a hard but fair 50-50, and not as bad as the the other two. But he does seem to go into these with an intent to do damage, and I think he's deliberately turned that into more of a 50-50 than it really was, so that he could plant one on Sterling.)

Edited by KentVillan

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Are we really villains?

Are you asking or questioning Wesley's post and his spelling?

If you are asking, with a simple search you will find an old thread about it on VillaTalk where even the Villa fans dont know....

If you are questioning Wesley's post then that is a cheap and low below the belt shot !!!!! 

• Like 1

I really want to give Wes some credit today. He was excellent all game. He linked the play really well. Gave the defence a really hard time. Scored a goal and also played a key part in the other goal. There is definitely a player in there that’s for sure. Just hope his injury is not too bad!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Strangeways said:

The female commentator kept sayin a strong but fair tackle!!! this was needless and so nasty / over the top, potential career ending stupid horror tackle, he also kneed kodjia in the back later on purpose. 

She pretty much got every comment wrong throughout the entire game. A box was ticked for bt diversity team though so not all bad.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

She really was dreadful. Good luck to anyone criticising her though. 

She was awful.

I do feel a lot of the time the criticism against female commentators goes too far and is because people find it odd hearing a woman's voice, but so many they pick are truly awful.

I have a female friend who works for Sky and is incredibly knowledgeable about football. When she just did voiceovers on the Youtube channel it was all horrific abuse. When she was in front of the camera it was all just about how good looking she was. Unfortunately she has now decided her career is behind the cameras so it's not a surprise they're always dragging out thick as shit ex players to comment instead.

You only have to look at the likes of Joe Cole to see playing at the top level is no guarantee of competency. Eni Aluko proved this when she was a pundit for our game v Chelsea.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 2

Â