Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

33 minutes ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

Difference is back up my claims with facts, you just spout your hatred of all players, presume Trez will get all your attention this week. I have seen all the games with my mark 1 eyeball - he scored a goal not out of nothing but out of progressive build up play (something we have hardly done), and key passes in lead up is the same, can only make a key pass or score if you have decent ball in decent territory. Only a small percentage can on a regular basis make things out of nothing.

You're making a point using data but your point is statistically illiterate. All your post did was cherry pick the data and then pass it off as indisputable 'facts'.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Thought he was excellent today and it's such a shame that he's now likely going to be out for a lengthy period. Him and Jack played off each other really well. Need more of that. 

Definitely need another striker now though as Kodjia just isn't up to it.

Ben Mee will claim that it's just the natural follow through after winning the ball, but the scissor motion is completely unnecessary. Dirty little word removed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46502830

Joe Gomez: Ben Mee defends tackle that broke Liverpool defender's leg

Burnley centre-back Ben Mee has defended the tackle that fractured the leg of Liverpool's Joe Gomez.

Defender Gomez could be out for six weeks after he was taken off on a stretcher 23 minutes into Liverpool's 3-1 win at Turf Moor last Wednesday.

"I don't think anything was wrong with my tackle personally," said Mee. "You can't take tackles out of the game."

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp asked referee Stuart Attwell to stop Burnley being so physical during their match.

Asked whether his tackle on Gomez was dangerous, Mee said that "it's part of the game".

He added: "I've seen Liverpool make tackles and get the crowd up and things like that. For me, you can play fair, but you can also play hard as well.

"We're at the bottom of the table and we need to get out of it, so we're obviously going to work our socks off to win games. It was just unfortunate and I send my best wishes to him [Gomez]."

After last Wednesday's match, Klopp acknowledged that Mee's tackle was "the cleanest" committed by Burnley during the game, but was unhappy with the standard of their challenges overall.

"We all want to win football games, and there are different ways of doing it," said Klopp.

"I think the referee has to make sure that things like this don't happen constantly. It's not how it should be. Let's play football."

At a press conference last Thursday, before it was known that Gomez had broken his leg, Burnley boss Sean Dyche said it was a "fantastic tackle" by Mee.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 2

Don't know where I stand on the tackle. Part of me likes those tackles, the old school, full blooded sort, he got the ball first but his momentum took him through Wesley, such was the tenacity of the challenge. However in this age I didn't think you were supposed to get away with that. Does it not constitute 'dangerous play'?

Ultimately, it's upsetting that we have a player who could well be badly injured. Today was a better performance from Wesley and even though my preference is for us to sign another forward to start for us over Wesley, I'd imagine Wesley would still be contributing from the bench and as a rotation option. So he will be a loss. Today could have been a momentum changing game for him as well, now found confidence in a new system. Let's hope it's not as bad as it looks.

• Like 2

Â