Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Which part? 

All of it.  Yes it’s not working for him at the moment but he’s not pretending anything, he’s not sulking and people in the ground, on the whole, don’t want him injured.

You can argue we can try Trez instead and give Wes a breather or play two upfront so Wes has somebody to fed off, that’s sensible to talk about but your comments were just over the top or trolling.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

All of it.  Yes it’s not working for him at the moment but he’s not pretending anything, he’s not sulking and people in the ground, on the whole, don’t want him injured.

You can argue we can try Trez instead and give Wes a breather or play two upfront so Wes has somebody to fed off, that’s sensible to talk about but your comments were just over the top or trolling.

I wonder if people who claim "the whole ground wish he was injured" actually go to the ground?

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He's not sulking and pretending? What team have you watched the last 5 months? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

I wonder if people who claim "the whole ground wish he was injured" actually go to the ground?

I know....I hear disappointment at the ground but never ever hear this type of garbage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I didn't hear any evidence of that in the stadium in fairness however his performance level is such that he should be dropped.

Lower Holte had plenty of "get him off's" More and more as the game went on.

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He's not sulking and pretending? What team have you watched the last 5 months? 

Obviously not the same one as you!  I’ve not heard any fan I’ve spoken to at the games say this....I’ve heard disappointment, I’ve heard he’s bust a gut and run out of steam after 60 mins, 70 mins, 80 mins as games have gone on.  I’ve heard he’s never a regularly goal scorer and I’ve heard he needs to be more physical sometimes with the opposition.  Those are the negatives but I’ve heard good things as well.

yes he hasn’t blown everybody away and we should’ve had another striker brought as well but sulking and pretending I’ve never heard of, ive never of wanting him injured and I can’t see any of them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I know....I hear disappointment at the ground but never ever hear this type of garbage.

Yep. Around me K7 there is a fair of negativity towards him but also a realisation that we don't have any other options and a genuine hope that he comes good. 

If I'm being honest I wouldn't be totally against trying Trez upfront to give Wesley a rest as I'm losing a bit of hope myself, but this idea of "anyone but Wesley" is just rubbish. 

I'm sure I've read people on here saying we should play JM upfront, absolute madness. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Yep. Around me K7 there is a fair of negativity towards him but also a realisation that we don't have any other options and a genuine hope that he comes good. 

If I'm being honest I wouldn't be totally against trying Trez upfront to give Wesley a rest as I'm losing a bit of hope myself, but this idea of "anyone but Wesley" is just rubbish. 

I'm sure I've read people on here saying we should play JM upfront, absolute madness. 

No it isn’t. What’s madness is playing a league 2 level striker (at best) up front every game and plummeting down the table. That’s madness. 

Changing it around and trying new things to stop the rot isn’t. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Walking out the ground today, one genius was explaining to their friend how Douglas Luiz would be a good replacement for Wes as Centre Forward..

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, av1 said:

I agree re people in K5 having similar reaction but there have been some poor performances from other players that has had the same derision.

I agree re Trez and said fair enough re that as an option

I would like to see how Wes does against lesser option which we have in the next 6 games.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

No it isn’t. What’s madness is playing a league 2 level striker (at best) up front every game and plummeting down the table. That’s madness. 

Changing it around and trying new things to stop the rot isn’t. 

In another thread you've just posted that we should plays Engels up front :crylaugh:

Just now, Elton said:

Walking out the ground today, one genius was explaining to their friend how Douglas Luiz would be a good replacement for Wes as Centre Forward..

Doug, McGinn, pick whoever you want except Taylor. They would all be better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elton said:

So you bumped into @Delphinho123 at VP today then?

He’s had half a season and has shown no discernible sign of improvement. I don’t even know what his main attributes are. Can’t head the ball, can’t shoot, can’t hold it up and isn’t quick. 

To those people that keep saying to give him more time, what are you seeing that could be nurtured? 

Edited by Pimlico_Villa

Â