Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

47 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Smith must be under orders to continue to play him - there can be no other explanation. 

No way on this earth that Kodija is not better than Wesley

Said the same thing to my dad at half time. Something isn’t right here. He’s not just bad, he’s atrocious. He’s a f***** donkey. Worse than bad.

What the hell is going on at Aston Villa that makes us play this guy every week. It’s past the point where we’re arguing whether we have another striker who is good enough to replace him. It’s got to the point now where we have to start looking at substitute defenders/midfielders that could possibly do a job up top to replace this carthorse.

He’s putrid. I actually found myself cheering when he was off the pitch injured. 

Dont just drop him, look to get rid in January. Just f*** off you clown. 

• Thanks 1

We have a big problem with Wes as we can't give him a break and we can't give him competition for his place either. Keinan Davis is still a couple of weeks away from being fit and it looks like Kodija isn't going to play for us again.

That all adds up to needed to buy a striker in Jan for me, even a young up and comer who has been banging in the goals in another league just to give Wes a kick up the arse.

If Smith is determined to stick with him, he still should be taken out v Sheff Utd where we're likely to get a good kicking.

Watford & Southampton define how the rest of the season is going to go and what sort of targets we'll be able to attract in January.

58 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Davis is 2 weeks away. Give Kodjia a run in those 2 weeks and get Wesley out of the firing line. The fans are turning on him, it's ugly to see tbh.

He's not even getting brought on for the last few minutes games, that tells me there's no chance Smith will start him over Wesley

I'd like to see what Kodjia can do in this team.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

We have a big problem with Wes as we can't give him a break and we can't give him competition for his place either. Keinan Davis is still a couple of weeks away from being fit and it looks like Kodija isn't going to play for us again.

That all adds up to needed to buy a striker in Jan for me, even a young up and comer who has been banging in the goals in another league just to give Wes a kick up the arse.

What do you mean, ‘we can’t give him a break’. 

Last time I checked, there was nothing in Lansbury, Hourihane, Trezeguet, El Ghazi or Nyland’s contract to say they couldn’t play up top? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

He's not even getting brought on for the last few minutes games, that tells me there's no chance Smith will start him over Wesley

I'd like to see what Kodjia can do in this team.

It isn't going to happen is it. Kodjia isn't even getting junk minutes now. He is gone and will not be starting for us.

28 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

This guy must've been plan Z if other targets fell through, £22 million though....we were robbed!

He was one of the first signings we made, so I think he was always one of the first choices. I think we wanted someone else as well though and that didn’t get completed 

He's looked like an absolute competition winner all season.  I'm a massive Smith fan but his judgement on this one is worrying. I thought the Andre Green persistance last season was bad but this one has be perplexed. 

I got lambasted for saying it early doors but you can see Mcginn and Grealish hate playing with him. And again....it ain't Wesleys fault, he's not the one picking the team or making the signings. 

Edited by villanmac

Shame some fans at the ground are starting to give him a lot of stick. I just don’t understand that mentality. How will that help Wesley or us as a team..

Wesley needs to come out of the firing line for a bit. It’s a shame Davis is still out who I rate very highly as a hold/link up forward. I don’t think Kodjia is the answer and maybe Wesley can get going again now we start a kinder run of fixtures and hopefully he won’t be feeding off scraps.

Edited by Elton
  • Like 3

Â