Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Eduoard has been on for 10 mins Celtic.

He's held the ball up more than Wes has all season.

We could have tested them with £22m bid in the summer.

It;s Celtic an Scottish football, you could have tested them with £2.20 🤣

• Haha 3

Needs to lose a stone and concentrate on 1 skill or attribute.

Once he starts learning that one give him another to learn.

At the moment he is going to be criticised by 95% of fans because he does close to nothing positive in any game bat the Everton game.

Looks like that was a freak game not to be repeated.

Be interested to see how many actual shots he has had in 16 games, then another with how many were on target.

I bet it's no more than 12 shots on 16 games and out of them probably 6 on target.

I've seen defenders look more attacking, I would not be starting him from now on till he loses the weight be it muscle or fat because he makes live tv look like its lagging.

Needs to be on the bench for a run of games and earn his place. Never thought I'd say it but I'd rather have Jimmy play at the minute.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Think Jack is our joint top scorer now. Someone's finally scored enough goals to catch up to him.

So yeah, he's now comfortably behind Rudy Gestede in terms minutes per goals at somehere around 411 minutes per goal compared to Gestedes' 332 minutes per goal.

Only Jordan Bowery would be worse in terms of bad PL strikers as he didn't have a goal in near 700 minutes of PL action. Kozak is on 260 minutes per goal so he's still comfortably better than Wesley. Helenius barely played for us so hard to compare.

I don't enjoy the customary post-match Wesley pile-on that happens every week on VT.

But he was very, very poor today, and it's hard to find a single sympathetic thing to say about his performance, other than that he clearly does care.

I'm baffled by people saying stuff like they "hate" him. He's doing his best, and this must be as much of a waking nightmare for him as it is for his haters.

My suspicion is that Smith, Suso and our scouting team just misjudged the gulf in quality between the Premier League and the Belgian league. What we have is a player who would be very dangerous in the Championship (I'm sure of that), but is getting found out at this level, where you have less space, less time to think, and more pressure on your touch.

I also distinctly remember Smith saying in pre-season that Wesley "scores all kinds of goals". Well, I'm not expecting to see any bullet headers or 30 yard piledrivers from him. I do see a player with a knack for getting on the end of stuff in the 6-yard-box, but that may not be enough.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Needs to lose a stone and concentrate on 1 skill or attribute.

Once he starts learning that one give him another to learn.

At the moment he is going to be criticised by 95% of fans because he does close to nothing positive in any game bat the Everton game.

Looks like that was a freak game not to be repeated.

Be interested to see how many actual shots he has had in 16 games, then another with how many were on target.

I bet it's no more than 12 shots on 16 games and out of them probably 6 on target.

I've seen defenders look more attacking, I would not be starting him from now on till he loses the weight be it muscle or fat because he makes live tv look like its lagging.

He's had 27 shots for us which puts him at 1.75 per shots per 90 compared to the PL average of 2.52.

Around 15 of them had to be saved or he scored from so I'm considering those as being on target. Yeah suprisingly he does a high shots on target ratio per shots.

• Like 1

He's becoming more and more of a concern for me, just dont understand why Kodjia doesn't get any minutes. Even if Wesley was playing good we need to keep our strikers fresh and have options. He really needs to be given a break. He occupies the defence quite a bit, often having two of three players wrestling with him, but doesn't do much else. In the first his touch was awful, could sense that the others wouldn't even want to pass him. Got a bit better towards the end, but not good enough.

I don't want to beleive it but I'm starting to question if DS is told to play him and get the best out of him.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I don't enjoy the customary post-match Wesley pile-on that happens every week on VT.

But he was very, very poor today, and it's hard to find a single sympathetic thing to say about his performance, other than that he clearly does care.

I'm baffled by people saying stuff like they "hate" him. He's doing his best, and I suspect this is as much of a waking nightmare for him as it is for his haters.

My suspicion is that Smith, Suso and our scouting team just misjudged the gulf in quality between the Premier League and the Belgian league. What we have is a player who would be very dangerous in the Championship (I'm sure of that), but is getting found out at this level, where you have less space, less time to think, and more pressure on your touch.

I also distinctly remember Smith saying in pre-season that Wesley "scores all kinds of goals". Well, I'm not expecting to see any bullet headers or 30 yard piledrivers from him. I do see a player with a knack for getting on the end of stuff in the 6-yard-box, but that may not be enough.

I am not sure he would be a threat in the Championship tbh.Genuinely, he is a defenders dream. He isn't going to run off you he isn't going to rough you up he isn't going to go in behind.

He isn't even a Daryl Murphy or Madine who will at least rough you up.

He does nothing.He brings nothing.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Come again? What constitutes a bad footballer to you? 

Can you tell me what he does well? 

He has shown that he can finish (simple ones but still)  he has shown that he can hold up a bring people into play on occasions if he was that bad he wouldn’t have shown it at all..... albeit nowhere near consistently enough obviously. This just really isn’t his level.

12 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

No words needed any more, Wesley let's his actions speak for himself. It's rather sad now. Today was a good day to get a red and a ban Wes, but no...

No words, what about sounds? 

Hee-Haw  Hee-Haw

Edited by HeyAnty

For a striker who's clearly low on confidence, adjusting to a new league and not performing well it's funny that a lot of people seem to have decided that todays showing against by far the best defence in the league is the final straw when the whole team were poor. 

I've just done a quick check on line-ups for club brugge last season and as far as I can tell he's never played a lone striker role for them, he was either left of a front 3 or one of a two man system. Not sure why he was signed to play a role which he seems to have no experience in. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

What we have is a player who would be very dangerous in the Championship (I'm sure of that).

Deary me, absolutely no chance. God knows his level, but Championship is well beyond it.

Â