Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

15 minutes ago, Ceemo said:

The work-permit is a complicated issue these days and as he hasn't played for Brazil, his case will go in front of an Exceptions Panel.

Exceptions Panel

Applications can be taken to what is called an 'Exceptions Panel', made up of three members appointed by the FA.

They make their decisions on work permits via two sets of objective criteria, 'Part A' and 'Part B', which allocate points to a player if they fall into certain categories regarding transfer fees and wages.

Four points is the benchmark to hit - and if a player scores that in Part A, then there is no need for Part B. However, the Exceptions Panel does not necessarily have to award the permit, which means it is impossible to say that a particular player would definitely get one.

For the below table "qualifying transfers" refers to the fees every player Premier League clubs purchased in the previous season - and "qualifying wages" refers to the basic wages paid to the top 30 earners in each Premier League club at the end of the campaign.

Part A

Criteria

The transfer fee paid for the player is above the 75th percentile of qualifying transfers.

The transfer fee paid for the player is between the 50th and 75th percentile of qualifying transfers.

The player’s wages are above the 75th percentile of qualifying wages.

The player’s wages are between the 50th and 75th percentile of qualifying wages.

The player’s current club is in a top league and the player has played in at least 30% of available minutes.

The player’s current club has played in the group stages or onwards of a continental competition within the last 12 months and the player has played in at least 30% of the available minutes.

Purslow makes all this stuff seem like a piece of piss. Gets sorted easy.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

looks like a right tank tbh.....with decent feet.

Has fantastic hold up play, which will be good news for Grealish, El Gahzi. Hard as nails too, would have come in handy for that Leeds game😁

Signed him for £7m when I got Villa back in the Premier League on Fifa 18. He went on to score 28 goals and we won the league.

It is known.

50 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I can’t get excited about this signing as I literally know nothing about but him or how good he is/could be.

If Dean wanted him then I’m excited. If the owners said yes no questions asked then I’m excited about that as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

extract from a Brugge fan (i think), about Wesley.......looks interesting.

"Sure, I've seen him playing for 4 years at Club Brugge, so I can tell you a bit more about him.
He only started playing football at 16years old, played at Trencin before going to Club Brugge, so is quite the journeyman.

During those 4 years, he physically grew to be quite unplayable at the Belgian league for any defender, leaving them no options but to commit a foul. As a hold up player, he likes to fall back, receive the ball and continue the play from there on forward, having a great technique to pass or dribble. He has a powerfull shot, but for now, misses a bit accuracy. Something he has been working on.
He's not only good as a hold up player, but has a great deal of speed that's quite unique for such a big, powerfull guy.

Lacks a bit of quality on headers, but again... this guy has improved alot in the 4 years he's been at Club Brugge, that makes me believe he's got a high ceiling.
Excellent pick-up for you guys."

Good, good, if that's the case then Wesley and Grealish will probably earn us a hundred penalties and eleven red cards a match between them.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I remember when we were signing players in the summer we got relegated and short arse was tweeting silly cryptic emoji tweets about incoming signings. Was good fun at the time to have that level of interaction with a chairman but looking back on it now compared to how we are run now, was comically amateurish really wasn't it. 

Yep, was thinking this earlier. 

I can’t pretend I didn’t enjoy it at the time, I really did and it got me (and a fair few others) properly excited for what we were in for. Complete antidote to the non interaction from Randy.

But you’re right, it was amateurish. I guess time will tell, but this approach feels so direct and professional.

• Like 2

Funny but after watching the clips on the lad, imo the similarities with him and Abraham are pretty crazy. Of course they are proven in different leagues etc however the attributes of both appear like for like. I will say though that Moraes looks very composed for his age. Almost effortless at times. Especially in tight spaces(Not the bedroom you filthy lot) around the penalty area. I like the look of him very much.

Who knows how he'll get on but they way the club is being run I would not be surprised if the lad turns out to be a revelation once he has settled. I would also think the has been in the pipeline for quite a while considering how quickly this has been wrapped up. Very much dependant on our promotion back to the PL with talks probably started as soon as the Derby game ended the way Purslow is going about his business. 

Everything being done appears part of a real long term plan, contracts, signings, team structure, finances etc. More than ever when you start to look at the attributes of the players we are signing and trying to sign you can start to see a new identity unfold. Youth, pace, power, determination, technical ability and high potential. Well, for me its a real indication we are definitely heading in the right direction. The other indicator being the frigging ninja s*** going on at the club. Nobody knows jack diddly until it's been executed. I absolutely love that finally we are about serious business as collective and not just the supporters.

• Like 4

Â