Jump to content
Tomaszk

Wesley Moraes

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

It's puerile, doesn't add anything to the discussion and only serves to antagonise people. 

It's funny. It's a football forum. If you can't handle banter it's probably the wrong arena post match?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never seen a striker look so unthreatening :( Almost feels as if he's playing in the wrong position. I don't think he's a bad player but doesn't seem cut for this league right now.

Has he ever won a header in the opposition area?

Has he forced a keeper into a decent save? Other than his goals I can't remember anything.

I don't know if Kodjia is the answer, I think he's bang average for the Championship let alone the Premier League. I hope Keinan Davis is back soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

He's lost confidence and is out of form. A recipe for disaster for a player new to the league. Dropping him will probably make him want out.

Last chance saloon vs Palace or he needs to be benched.

He was whinging in interviews in pre season that Birmingham was cold. Looks as soft as butter. Don't think he fancies it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's funny. It's a football forum. If you can't handle banter it's probably the wrong arena post match?

I don't think it's funny or banter. It's just stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone up top would offer us more than wes it aint hard. He is seriously handicapping us in our quest to stay in this league. Smith needs to make the call and drop him

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Johnnyp said:

I think this much fabled scouting department we've heard about since Purslow has come in needs to be under greater scrutiny. The signings are very much " we'll pick one, you pick one " Trezeguet, Wesley and Douglas look to be club signings. Konsa, Jota are clearly Smith signings. Now people will say this is how Smith worked at Brentford. Not really. Brentford have a very clear way they want to play and players are signed to fit that structure. This is not the case here. No rhyme or reason to our recruiting. Purslow said our approach in signing this summer wasn't a shotgun approach. I think that's not accurate. Like to see the logic at how they arrived at some of these signings.

Yeah, have to agree there's definitely something odd with our signings. I think someone posted here that Smith said our signings were made to fit our structure, but you take one look at Wesley and you know either the scout has gotten it horribly horribly wrong or that's just not the full truth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lexicon said:

I don't think it's funny or banter. It's just stupid. 

You probably wouldn't be saying anything like this if Wesley had scored a hatrick and that post was made to make fun of his critics instead lets be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Yeah, have to agree there's definitely something odd with our signings. I think someone posted here that Smith said our signings were made to fit our structure, but you take one look at Wesley and you know either the scout has gotten it horribly horribly wrong or that's just not the full truth. 

Totally agree

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Johnnyp said:

I think this much fabled scouting department we've heard about since Purslow has come in needs to be under greater scrutiny. The signings are very much " we'll pick one, you pick one " Trezeguet, Wesley and Douglas look to be club signings. Konsa, Jota are clearly Smith signings. Now people will say this is how Smith worked at Brentford. Not really. Brentford have a very clear way they want to play and players are signed to fit that structure. This is not the case here. No rhyme or reason to our recruiting. Purslow said our approach in signing this summer wasn't a shotgun approach. I think that's not accurate. Like to see the logic at how they arrived at some of these signings.

I find this harsh. I actually think we recruited well over the summer for the most part. Don’t let the signing of Wesley get in the way of what is a very decent, likeable team.

Heaton, Engels, Konsa, Nakamba, Luis, Targett, Trezeguet, Jota etc. Have all shown they are either good players or can offer a lot. They are certainly something to build on. 

Wesley is the only player, in my eyes, who has been downright shite. He’s a dud. He has nothing to his game to improve on. I’m actually getting annoyed at Smith for persisting with him now and I f***** love Smith.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Yeah, have to agree there's definitely something odd with our signings. I think someone posted here that Smith said our signings were made to fit our structure, but you take one look at Wesley and you know either the scout has gotten it horribly horribly wrong or that's just not the full truth. 

No one gets everything right. Wesley could be brilliant in a years time, we've seen stranger things happen, but to have zero competition was evidently a bad decision at the time and its even clearer now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if Kodjia is leaving, he still needs to be seen as a viable option when we're losing and need a change. Wesley looks like he's on cruise control because no matter what he does he starts the next game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact of the matter is that he will be starting every league game this month so we might as well back him and pray that he scores a couple of goals.To bring just Wes in was a  major cock up in the summer transfer window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

You probably wouldn't be saying anything like this if Wesley had scored a hatrick and that post was made to make fun of his critics instead lets be honest.

Well no, because that would have actually been funny rather than just taking the piss out of fans who actually support the players on their team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VillaAlex said:

No one gets everything right. Wesley could be brilliant in a years time, we've seen stranger things happen, but to have zero competition was evidently a bad decision at the time and its even clearer now.

Well first off, probably not to the bolded. I don't care anymore, the man isn't a striker and I'll put my name in the had and just say I don't see him being brilliant in a years time at all.

Secondly, its a pretty bad mistake. If you go with some other people have been saying about him being a false 9, why would you think replacing Tammy Abraham with a false 9 was a good idea? That was not at all how our system worked. You look at the attributes this guy has shown, he pretty much doesn't have any of the attributes Tammy has. Even if he comes good, its clear they are different breeds of strikers imo so the question has to be asked, how did Smith ever think Wesley was a good replacement for Tammy? Either he or the scout has gotten it horribly wrong, or he wasn't really a Dean Smith signing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His not a lone striker simple as that plays with a second striker by his side and we still can't understand this.Gets little support to.To much pressure on his shoulders because the club didn't sign another striker.

Edited by ozvilla28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly surprised this thread is quite so vicious, maybe it's the loss. That was probably his second or third best game for us.

He managed to control it a few times. Made a few passes that weren't absolutely straight forward. Worked hard I thought as well.

Disastrous signing. Worst striker in the league. Don't think I've seen a worse player for anyone. If Keinan Davis was putting in these performances, declarations would be being made he needs to go out on loan or just isn't a PL player.

The team are getting more and more annoyed with him.

It'll be miraculous if we stay up if we have him up front all season.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â