Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I was really excited about this but then I saw all the Wolves fans on Twitter who have never seen him play say he is rubbish. Oh well 🤷🏼‍♂️

They really need help with their unhealthy obsession with us. I suppose it’s only to be expected really, it’s like having a Fiat Punto on your drive and your neighbour having a drive full of Rollers and Bentleys. 

1 hour ago, AstonVillaFan84 said:

Credit:  https://www.espn.com.br/herenciahispana17/artigo/_/id/4622980/brasileiro-sensacao-na-belgica-e-comparado-a-lukaku-e-quer-brilhar-na-champions-league

Brazilian sensation in Belgium is compared to Lukaku and wants to shine in the Champions League

In the place where the "great Belgian generation" was formed, the one who gives the letters is a Brazilian: Wesley Moraes Ferreira da Silva. Club Brugge's only 21-year-old striker was named the country's best young player last season.

2 kids at 16... man has been busy

Oops should really read the full thread before posting. Oh well.

17 minutes ago, sne said:

@wesleymoraes07 on Insta for those who care.

Edit: Young winger Cyril Ngonge seem to be his buddy. 

19 y.o Belgian winger, might be someone to bring in to help him settle in. Plays in the Belgian U19 national side.

As mentioned above like the Zlatan/Maxwell thing.

Like Brian and Alan Little. 

To spend £28m om a striker does show some statement of intent..

For every Jota there's a Wesley.

If this is how the window is going to be then it's hard not to get excited to see who else we have in store.

As for Wolves.. they know what's coming and can't help but look over their shoulders and begin to shit themselves!

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

If this is how the window is going to be then it's hard not to get excited to see who else we have in store.

As for Wolves.. they know what's coming and can't help but look over their shoulders and begin to shit themselves!

to be fair i think Jota was a clever bit of business.

The work-permit is a complicated issue these days and as he hasn't played for Brazil, his case will go in front of an Exceptions Panel.

Exceptions Panel

Applications can be taken to what is called an 'Exceptions Panel', made up of three members appointed by the FA.

They make their decisions on work permits via two sets of objective criteria, 'Part A' and 'Part B', which allocate points to a player if they fall into certain categories regarding transfer fees and wages.

Four points is the benchmark to hit - and if a player scores that in Part A, then there is no need for Part B. However, the Exceptions Panel does not necessarily have to award the permit, which means it is impossible to say that a particular player would definitely get one.

For the below table "qualifying transfers" refers to the fees every player Premier League clubs purchased in the previous season - and "qualifying wages" refers to the basic wages paid to the top 30 earners in each Premier League club at the end of the campaign.

Part A

Criteria

The transfer fee paid for the player is above the 75th percentile of qualifying transfers.

The transfer fee paid for the player is between the 50th and 75th percentile of qualifying transfers.

The player’s wages are above the 75th percentile of qualifying wages.

The player’s wages are between the 50th and 75th percentile of qualifying wages.

The player’s current club is in a top league and the player has played in at least 30% of available minutes.

The player’s current club has played in the group stages or onwards of a continental competition within the last 12 months and the player has played in at least 30% of the available minutes.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Where’s this figure from? I’ve heard, £18m, £20m, £22.25m, £25m, and now £28m. All speculation I suppose, I wonder if we’ll hear a more definite figure soon

11 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

1 year into my FM game and Dortmund have signed him for £17m... now valued at £31m

He MUST be good!

Scouting of FM is usually extremely thorough too, good omens. 

41 minutes ago, LoughboroughLion said:

Would be good if our VT house scouts could provide their professional opinion based on these four games 👀

we have to see him play for us......Hogan looked good before we signed him.

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

You do that and then Jack is out the team

We need options though not just a first 11 or a fixed style.  Not saying Maupay is the answer, I just think we need options and depth.  

We also have to take into consideration not every player will work out either coming up from the championship as one of our players or somebody we have brought and the same is true of foreign players. So we need depth/alternatives as the window is then shut until Jan 1st when it maybe too late to retrieve.

Â