Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

What I like about this signing is that it clearly shows they had a plan in place for if we got promoted this season.

I know it sounds like I'm stating the obvious, but the links so far were to players we could have gone after in the championship and the was a nagging doubt in the back of my mind that we would have been caught out by our relatively late resurgence into playoff contenders.

Any doubt, totally erased,  totally hyped for the rest of the window.  Great work NSWE and co, finally feels like we're going somewhere good!

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I was really excited about this but then I saw all the Wolves fans on Twitter who have never seen him play say he is rubbish. Oh well 🤷🏼‍♂️

Wolves say everyone is rubbish who doesn't play for them.

Remember  how good Tammy was too them till he snubbed there 120k a week or Hause how he was ace and should be given game time, he leaves for us and his classed as crap now like Tammy for mot joining.

Just now, Jareth said:

Well at least we have a new handsome large man crush, should Mings never sign. 

Mings and Moraes, sounds like a cocktail..

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

It's ok I was trying to start something and it didn't work out, I though a few if the funny bunch on here would of copied n pasted a few times till it got to the point it adds two to three pages a time.

Oh well that was a bust..

For what it's worth I was about to go for it with a 'this', but it has already been chopped down 😔

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Bit more about his kids...

Numero uno

Numero two

Being a dad at 15 and again at 16...wow.

Reads like they ended up not going to Belgium. Maybe they'll join him on his 5 year deal in England.

That was another page added 😂

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

might be worth trying to find the Brugge vs Monaco games (home and away), from the Champions League Group stages.

Wesley scored at home in a 1-1 draw, he also scored in the away fixture that Brugge won 4-0.

I can find the goals easy, but would be good to watch the whole match to see how he plays over 90 minutes.

He also played against Athletico Madrid and Dortmund in that group.

Might give a really good overview of him against decent opposition.

Would be good if our VT house scouts could provide their professional opinion based on these four games 👀

35 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Tammy won't settle for no 2 and I doubt this wesley will either, now I think Maupay would settle for a no2 spot 😉

I think having them both would make both better. And why not play with 2 strikers? Like Shearer and Ferdinand. That was some pair.

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone speak Portugueses the club ?

Jota is from Galicia which borders Portugal so hopefully he's got something his locker where they can communicate.

• Like 1

@wesleymoraes07 on Insta for those who care.

Edit: Young winger Cyril Ngonge seem to be his buddy. 

19 y.o Belgian winger, might be someone to bring in to help him settle in. Plays in the Belgian U19 national side.

As mentioned above like the Zlatan/Maxwell thing.

Edited by sne

3 minutes ago, momo said:

I think having them both would make both better. And why not play with 2 strikers? Like Shearer and Ferdinand. That was some pair.

because we play with one up front, and playing 2 strikers against a modern/half decent team will end up with you being played off the park and completely dominated in midfield, it would end badly.

remember the little & large 2 up front is a completely out dated system, and would get owned today.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, momo said:

Do you think Smith will play with two strikers come season or will he stay with one on the field??

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Do you think Smith will play with two strikers come season or will he stay with one on the field??

he would be insane to go with 2 up front.

not directed at you Dave, but the numerous people who are talking about 2 up front need to go and investigate modern tactics, come to their own conclusion of why its a terrible idea, and then decide whether its worth posting about it! :P

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

because we play with one up front, and playing 2 strikers against a modern/half decent team will end up with you being played off the park and completely dominated in midfield, it would end badly.

remember the little & large 2 up front is a completely out dated system, and would get owned today.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Let me dream, boys!

But yeah, having two strikers with about the same calibre and age would benefit the club. So yeah.

Â