Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

5 hours ago, Larscapaldi said:

Many times. He still needs a lot of good coaching and is known for losing his temper now and then. Weighs on a defence though

good....we had players in the past, known for not having one.

• Like 1

Sounds like the Belgians think we inflated the fee to get the work permit because of the stupid rules:

1. They are crazy, really crazy

2. No. It is Villa. Pretty rich owners 

3.Plus: to get a work permit, they have to pay so much. See also Djenepo. (Who just signed for Soton for £14m +)

606FAF54-B737-4892-9462-CA54EBEB2754.jpeg

Credit:  https://www.espn.com.br/herenciahispana17/artigo/_/id/4622980/brasileiro-sensacao-na-belgica-e-comparado-a-lukaku-e-quer-brilhar-na-champions-league

Brazilian sensation in Belgium is compared to Lukaku and wants to shine in the Champions League

In the place where the "great Belgian generation" was formed, the one who gives the letters is a Brazilian: Wesley Moraes Ferreira da Silva. Club Brugge's only 21-year-old striker was named the country's best young player last season.

Still unknown in Brazil, he has already been a two-time Belgian champion and expects to play in the Uefa Champions League group stage.

Born in Juiz de Fora (MG), Wesley started playing futsal at age six in a school before moving to field football at the age of 14. He even went through the base of the biggest teams in Minas Gerais, but he did not stay.

"I played in the Sport there in my city in the Mineiro Championship and then went to Cruzeiro to do a test when I was 14. But I could not take it, I stayed a week and I asked to leave because it was my first evaluation. sent to Atlético-MG to do a test, but I did not pass, "he told ESPN.com .

The boy returned home and began to reconcile football with other activities to support himself.

"I started working in a nail and screw factory at the age of 16 because I have two children. It was a legal service because I went there in the morning and had to train in the afternoon," he admitted.

"The biggest difficulties I had were the same of all players, you test in a place and take a no, but you always have to raise your head and never give up, God always has something better for us. I was blessed, "he said.

Fast passage in Spain

In 2014, the attacker went to Itabuna-BA, where he became a professional. Just four months after arriving in Bahia, he went to the Under-19 side of Atletico Madrid, Spain.

"It was very gratifying for me to have gone there.I learned a lot even with little time that I stayed.The only difficulty I had was the cold because I was not used to it and I went in the winter," he said.

Wesley played a tournament in Croatia and another in Bilbao, Spain, for Atletico Madrid.

"I got to train once with the pros as soon as the first week. I played in the base of Atlético with left-back that was sold to Real Madrid, Theo Hernández."

The Brazilian spent six months in the mattress team because of misunderstandings between his manager and the intermediary that took him to Spain.

"I came back to Brazil and then I went to Nancy (France) to do a test, I stayed three months and I did not go in. Then I went to Evian (France), but it was late season and I was asked to come back after the holidays. I was taken to Trencin, Slovakia, and passed. "

Consecration in Belgium

After a season in Trencin, which had 22 games and 8 goals, he was hired by the traditional Club Brugge, Belgium. As he spoke a little English, he counted on the help of other Brazilian players and the coach, who played several years in Benfica and knew how to speak Portuguese.

"I was very well received by the whole group of players and the board. The coach was Michel Preud'homme [former goalkeeper of Belgium in the 94th World Cup], a sensational guy who helped me a lot," he said.

Since then they have been two Belgian League titles and 22 goals for Club Brugge. Only last season, he rocked the net 12 times and gave two assists.

Despite being 1.91m, Wesley does not define himself as a typical big-breaker and striker.

"Because of my size, people think I do not have a lot of speed, but I'm very fast. I kick my two legs and I have a good view of the game, I do a 'two' very well," said the Brazilian, which came to be compared to Romelu Lukaku by the Belgian press.

"I was very happy with the comparison because he is an idol for me and everyone who accompanies him, it's very gratifying," he said.

Wesley hopes to stand out even more this season to be called to the Brazilian Olympic team.

"It's a very big dream since I was a kid, I'm living a very good moment in my career." "Strong work and with God's help, things will happen, who knows, I can not have a summons?"

Dream with selection

In the current season, he has already rocked the nets three times in the first three games. According to the Italian press, he came to have offers from Lazio, Italy. During this week speculations appeared of the interest of Paris Saint-Germain by its soccer.

"Nothing has come, but I am very happy for the speculation of these two teams, I have a contract until 2020 and I am focused on doing my job.

One of the few sorrows that Wesley experienced during this period was the elimination of the Brazilian team in the quarterfinals of the 2018 World Cup for Belgium.

"We were doing the pre-season in the Netherlands and we saw the game in the hotel with the whole team, and after that they were making fun of me, but it was healthy." So I asked them how many World Cups they won and stayed there review (laughs), "he recalled.

I found this on him seems like a good solid career progression. 

26 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

My initial thought based on what we've seen and read is how much fun it will be to have a striker who is an absolute demon in the air considering how many crosses we fling into the box. 

It sounds like his finishing might be a touch erratic, but his hold up play is solid and he seemingly gets a fair few assists. Looks like a smart footballer with a nice first touch and a solid range of passing.

He's got all the attributes you want from a modern target man. I'll suffer the occasional wayward finishing if the rest of his game is as billed. 

what a prospect .....to see players with that.

22 just learning the game, Dean will have him firing.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

His profile isn't that low. He has been linked with Lazio. Benitez has been chasing him for Newcastle and Everton have been linked this summer also.

What you mean is you've never heard of him so he can't be worth it?

Clearly that is not what I said

1 minute ago, AstonVillaFan84 said:

"I started working in a nail and screw factory at the age of 16 because I have two children. It was a legal service because I went there in the morning and had to train in the afternoon," he admitted.

He had two kids at 16? Bloody hell. 

• Confused 1

I'm not complaining about the outlay, they can spend their money how they want. I guess I've just gotten used to the club scrimping since Lerner turned off the faucet.

5 minutes ago, AstonVillaFan84 said:

Credit:  https://www.espn.com.br/herenciahispana17/artigo/_/id/4622980/brasileiro-sensacao-na-belgica-e-comparado-a-lukaku-e-quer-brilhar-na-champions-league

Brazilian sensation in Belgium is compared to Lukaku and wants to shine in the Champions League

In the place where the "great Belgian generation" was formed, the one who gives the letters is a Brazilian: Wesley Moraes Ferreira da Silva. Club Brugge's only 21-year-old striker was named the country's best young player last season.

Still unknown in Brazil, he has already been a two-time Belgian champion and expects to play in the Uefa Champions League group stage.

Born in Juiz de Fora (MG), Wesley started playing futsal at age six in a school before moving to field football at the age of 14. He even went through the base of the biggest teams in Minas Gerais, but he did not stay.

"I played in the Sport there in my city in the Mineiro Championship and then went to Cruzeiro to do a test when I was 14. But I could not take it, I stayed a week and I asked to leave because it was my first evaluation. sent to Atlético-MG to do a test, but I did not pass, "he told ESPN.com .

The boy returned home and began to reconcile football with other activities to support himself.

"The biggest difficulties I had were the same of all players, you test in a place and take a no, but you always have to raise your head and never give up, God always has something better for us. I was blessed, "he said.

Fast passage in Spain

In 2014, the attacker went to Itabuna-BA, where he became a professional. Just four months after arriving in Bahia, he went to the Under-19 side of Atletico Madrid, Spain.

"It was very gratifying for me to have gone there.I learned a lot even with little time that I stayed.The only difficulty I had was the cold because I was not used to it and I went in the winter," he said.

Wesley played a tournament in Croatia and another in Bilbao, Spain, for Atletico Madrid.

"I got to train once with the pros as soon as the first week. I played in the base of Atlético with left-back that was sold to Real Madrid, Theo Hernández."

The Brazilian spent six months in the mattress team because of misunderstandings between his manager and the intermediary that took him to Spain.

"I came back to Brazil and then I went to Nancy (France) to do a test, I stayed three months and I did not go in. Then I went to Evian (France), but it was late season and I was asked to come back after the holidays. I was taken to Trencin, Slovakia, and passed. "

Consecration in Belgium

After a season in Trencin, which had 22 games and 8 goals, he was hired by the traditional Club Brugge, Belgium. As he spoke a little English, he counted on the help of other Brazilian players and the coach, who played several years in Benfica and knew how to speak Portuguese.

"I was very well received by the whole group of players and the board. The coach was Michel Preud'homme [former goalkeeper of Belgium in the 94th World Cup], a sensational guy who helped me a lot," he said.

Since then they have been two Belgian League titles and 22 goals for Club Brugge. Only last season, he rocked the net 12 times and gave two assists.

Despite being 1.91m, Wesley does not define himself as a typical big-breaker and striker.

"Because of my size, people think I do not have a lot of speed, but I'm very fast. I kick my two legs and I have a good view of the game, I do a 'two' very well," said the Brazilian, which came to be compared to Romelu Lukaku by the Belgian press.

"I was very happy with the comparison because he is an idol for me and everyone who accompanies him, it's very gratifying," he said.

Wesley hopes to stand out even more this season to be called to the Brazilian Olympic team.

"It's a very big dream since I was a kid, I'm living a very good moment in my career." "Strong work and with God's help, things will happen, who knows, I can not have a summons?"

Dream with selection

In the current season, he has already rocked the nets three times in the first three games. According to the Italian press, he came to have offers from Lazio, Italy. During this week speculations appeared of the interest of Paris Saint-Germain by its soccer.

"Nothing has come, but I am very happy for the speculation of these two teams, I have a contract until 2020 and I am focused on doing my job.

One of the few sorrows that Wesley experienced during this period was the elimination of the Brazilian team in the quarterfinals of the 2018 World Cup for Belgium.

"We were doing the pre-season in the Netherlands and we saw the game in the hotel with the whole team, and after that they were making fun of me, but it was healthy." So I asked them how many World Cups they won and stayed there review (laughs), "he recalled.

I found this on him seems like a good solid career progression. 

Wait, he had 2 kids by the time he was only 16 ! Big Dick Wes indeed.

Â