Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

3 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

He's just not a natural finisher at all.

What are you talking about in terms of his shooting inside the box he certainly is his goal against arsenal and Norwich where they were both awkward first time finishes show his natural finishing ability. And remember Tammy has only ever scored 1 goal from outside the box in a career with 60 goals so. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I actually thought he worked hard today. Still played like absolute crap like he has for most of the season, nothing today was new or unexpected. Looks like he can't play football.

Didn't know Maupay was £17m ffs. Thought he was over £20m. What's the justification for signing off on Wesley but not Maupay from Dean and the team? With the market the mess it is, busts are now very expensive.

He's not got long before January. If we sign anyone even average he won't start another league game this season.

My major issue with him is that he is as yellow as a ducks foot.  He wont get underneath a high ball to head it.  You can see him looking around when the ball is in the air, to try and look like he is competing but he isnt.  Would love to see his stats for headed duels won.  

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

My major issue with him is that he is as yellow as a ducks foot.  He wont get underneath a high ball to head it.  You can see him looking around when the ball is in the air, to try and look like he is competing but he isnt.  Would love to see his stats for headed duels won.  

You can find it on Whoscored.com 

Apparently he won 4 out of 6 yesterday and if I remember correctly 3 out of 10 against Plop.

But I'm uncertain about what it means, if it's just getting his head on the ball or actually doing something useful with it?

anyway, on average he wins roughly 2.1 aerial challenges per game while losing 4.3

Insert Chernobyl meme

Just now, sne said:

You can find it on Whoscored.com 

Apparently he won 4 out of 6 yesterday and if I remember correctly 3 out of 10 against Plop.

But I'm uncertain about what it means, if it's just getting his head on the ball or actually doing something useful with it?

anyway, on average he wins roughly 2.1 aerial challenges per game while losing 4.3

Insert Chernobyl meme

4 out of 6.  Would love to see how they work that out.  Does one count when he is in the box and nobody near him and he heads it like a 2 year old.

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

4 out of 6.  Would love to see how they work that out.  Does one count when he is in the box and nobody near him and he heads it like a 2 year old.

Yeah that's the thing, I think they do.

He is lacking support thou so not solely to blame. But I feel a lot of his pressing and work is half arsed and alibi stuff.

As if he goes into duels more to show he's there than to actually win them.

20 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Well it's kinda stupid to cross it high into him then, isn't it? We're not playing to his strengths at all by doing that and it's just setting him up to fail. 

30 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

25 to 51. Most of the time he isn't competing on long balls because he can't compete for them be ause they are so far away by the time he gets there ven if he wins it it will just bounce off him going god knows where. He will be better if we are more accurate with our balls. 

30 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Well it's kinda stupid to cross it high into him then, isn't it? We're not playing to his strengths at all by doing that and it's just setting him up to fail. 

Its not the balls that are crossed into him im generally talking about but he is shocking at them to. 

Sometime to relieve pressure a team, will play a long ball up the field.  Our defense and midfield dont have that option because it will be coming straight back at them.  When you play one man up front like we do, his primary goal is to hold it up and let players get up along side him.  He isn't capable of it.

P.s im not advocating becoming a long ball team, but even the best teams use a long ball now and again when they are under the cosh.  Very easy to pressure a team when you know they will be very reluctant to kick it long.

Edited by HeyAnty

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

Its not the balls that are crossed into him im generally talking about but he is shocking at them to. 

Sometime to relieve pressure a team, will play a long ball up the field.  Our defense and midfield dont have that option because it will be coming straight back at them.  When you play one man up front like we do, his primary goal is to hold it up and let players get up along side him.  He isn't capable of it.

P.s im not advocating becoming a long ball team, but even the best teams use a long ball now and again when they are under the cosh.  Very easy to pressure a team when you know they will be very reluctant to kick it long.

The thing is though we are currently a long ball team and we just aren't very good at it. Seriously in the last 5 games I haven't seen a single long ball that I think anyone in football could have won. Seriously they are all 20 yards away from him and we complain when he doesn't win it. Winning long balls is 90% positioning and currently wesley doesnt have time to get over to where the ball will land and out muscle the defender to get in a good position when he does get there he often ends up being pushed as the ball comes down basically making it impossible to control. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

What are the real percentages of doing that? Hoof it up to a guy who isn't great in the air, against usually at least 2 CBs who will more often than not get it away? It's a shit tactic at the best of times. 

10 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I went and checked because I remember how many chances went begging that were destined for goal because Tammy missed the target last season.

Tammy Abraham leads the league in big chances missed, he's scored only one more goal than he's missed all season. He's got 10 goals 9 big chances missed.

Guess what? Wes has 4 goals and 3 big chances missed. The same conversion rate as a player who is a league leader in scoring who we all should know is quality.

How many did Tammy score at Swansea? Not many. Wes is 22 and just got here, basically the same story for our starting eleven. Smith's only been here a year..

I'm not saying wait and see because Wes will be the striker we all hope he will be, I don't know, I just think it's a bit premature and harsh to call him out like some are.

I think it’s because with Tammy you could see the raw talent and desire, which is not the case with Wesley

• Like 2

tammy & wes are on different levels in every way.

the deep bottom line is wes is not a quality player, we can compare him to benteke after 10 games,it makes no difference,ds bought him in for 22m to score goals, hes not a development player,were in the prem now,its not a rehearsal ,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

What are you talking about in terms of his shooting inside the box he certainly is his goal against arsenal and Norwich where they were both awkward first time finishes show his natural finishing ability. And remember Tammy has only ever scored 1 goal from outside the box in a career with 60 goals so. 

Tammys outside the box shooting is incredibly shite as well to be fair.

Or WAS I should say as I haven't actually seen much of him recently.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Abraham scored six goals after his first twelve games for us, only two more than Wesley and at an easier level of football. If I remember rightly even he had plenty of critics.

some time you have to take a step back & look at the performance of the player, look at their skill set,vision,hold up play, runs, etc etc..ohh & desire !!

• Thanks 1

Â