Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

25m is a huge fee for a player with his relatively low profile. Nothing in the YT clips suggests to me that he's that dynamic a player. In Dean we trust I guess..

My initial thought based on what we've seen and read is how much fun it will be to have a striker who is an absolute demon in the air considering how many crosses we fling into the box. 

It sounds like his finishing might be a touch erratic, but his hold up play is solid and he seemingly gets a fair few assists. Looks like a smart footballer with a nice first touch and a solid range of passing.

He's got all the attributes you want from a modern target man. I'll suffer the occasional wayward finishing if the rest of his game is as billed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

25m is a huge fee for a player with his relatively low profile. Nothing in the YT clips suggests to me that he's that dynamic a player. In Dean we trust I guess..

His profile isn't that low. He has been linked with Lazio. Benitez has been chasing him for Newcastle and Everton have been linked this summer also.

What you mean is you've never heard of him so he can't be worth it?

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Interestingly the club post doesn’t mention a medical, just the work permit and international clearance... maybe that’s just something they don’t mention, or perhaps he’s already had a medical? Could he have had one in Belgium to speed things up?

I doubt villa would confirm this if he hadn't had a medical. 

• Like 2

Wesley Moraes Ferreira da Silva is a heck of a long name to the point they just call him wesley on the transfer page on fifa 19 lol.

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Wesley Moraes Ferreira da Silva is a heck of a long name to the point they just call him wesley on the transfer page on fifa 19 lol.

Every Spanish/Portuguese-languaged player has a million names. Not sure if you noticed, but they often just put one of them on!

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

That's weird, wonder why they don't use his full name like Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior, Bernardo Mota Veiga de Carvalho e Silva or Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro

3 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Every Spanish/Portuguese-languaged player has a million names. Not sure if you noticed, but they often just put one of them on!

I think Portuguese names have their own name, theirs dads name and their grandads name or something like that. 

11 minutes ago, maqroll said:

so was Benteke to be fair.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Yeah....maybe our experienced scouting department should of looked at the obligatory YT clips before going after him. Idiots.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Not sure about Portuguese naming customs (which I assume would also be Brazil since the speak Portuguese there), but in Spanish you take both your mother and fathers surnames and they sort of build up over time.

• Like 1

Never heard of him but he looks like a unit! Hopefully he can be our new Carew

Kind of sad as it means that its confirmation that Tammy won't be coming back (even though I kind of knew deep down!)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Benteke was a third of the cost

how many years ago was this?, and pre income inflation.

Not sure how you can compare really, yes its more expensive, but not as much as it looks.

• Like 1

Wesley Moraes: the Brazilian warrior

Wesley Moraes, commonly known as Wesley to his fans, is a 21-year-old Brazilian forward; currently playing for Club Brugge in the Belgian Pro League. For the past few weeks, we have covered reports that indicate that the striker could be nearing a move to Lazio.

Article by Sam Wilson

https://thelaziali.com/2018/06/16/scout-wesley-moraes-lazio/

The above article is worth a read for a bit more information on the player we have signed.

Â