Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

It's like buying a decent brand name car, if you decide to sell in year or so it will hold decent value

Years time if we think Wes doesn't suit us , young Brazilian striker , his value won't collapse

WIN WIN

Edited by pete101
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

might be worth trying to find the Brugge vs Monaco games (home and away), from the Champions League Group stages.

Wesley scored at home in a 1-1 draw, he also scored in the away fixture that Brugge won 4-0.

I can find the goals easy, but would be good to watch the whole match to see how he plays over 90 minutes.

He also played against Athletico Madrid and Dortmund in that group.

Might give a really good overview of him against decent opposition.

Might have a go and search for those matches and do a bit of scouting 🥽

• Thanks 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

one thing though, please lets not get on his back if he takes a few games to adapt to the Prem......

I think once all our signings are done, we should have quite an exciting team, lets stick by them regardless.

hahaha....oh wait, you're serious?!

Looks a lot more physical than Tammy. More of a handful. Someone who might only get us 8-10 league goals but will help the whole team play and create all sort of space for Jack/John/Anwar/Jota and whoever else is to come. 

Good stuff. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

one thing though, please lets not get on his back if he takes a few games to adapt to the Prem......

I think once all our signings are done, we should have quite an exciting team, lets stick by them regardless.

Indeed. Also one of the great positives of making a signing now in mid June is two months to settle in to a new country, rather than the usual 2 weeks we often have done in the past. I trust we have the support in place for new signings, particularly those travelling far to join.

Well they always say you need to buy 2 people from the same nation to get them to settle. It’s obvious he’s just the prequel.... Coutinho is next!!! 

Never heard of him, but I’ve always wanted a Brazilian here. Completely shocked and out of the blue signing. 

How many goals did the top scorer in Belgium get? Was he near the top?

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Agreed.

Hopefully passing comment, positive or negative, on a forum meant for discussion won't be labelled as "putting pressure on him" or "writing him off".

Coming from Europe instead of straight from South America bodes well.

So i think like everyone im pretty shocked by this signing - caught completely out of the blue.

Probably like the rest of us I've spent the last few minutes reading up on him and watching the obligatory highlights video. My initial thoughts are that hes got all the great traits to success - Big, Strong, Eye for Goal and a little bit of swagger you want your striker to have. His stats show promise albeit not quite as prolific as you'd hope, and he seems to of had interest from around Europe big leagues.

Despite all the above, i was quite shocked by the price tag. Our club record fee being broken on a striker from Belgian not many people have heard of before. I was expecting our record to be broken this summer, but i guess i was expecting that big marquee name and admit i actually felt a little disappointed. However, the more i think about it the more that disappointment has changed to optimism. Once you ignore the Sky mantra of 'PL experience' being a must have and the horrific transfer record Villa have had over the last years you can start buying into the forward direction we seem to be moving in and the incredible signal of intent this signing signifies.

We're Aston Villa and we're back in the big time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dubbs said:

What are the odds on this collapsing because he doesn't qualify for a permit?

Slim, if it's rejected there is something corrupt going on.

1 minute ago, dubbs said:

What are the odds on this collapsing because he doesn't qualify for a permit?

Unlikely. The fee and the fact he has played champions league. Purslow is a pro. He doesn't drive down dead ends.

Â