Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

twice the player, are you sure?

I never seen the game, but I would hazard a guess on past experience, marginally better.

It's always easier to impress as a fully fit sub against defenders who've played 75 minutes odd. I do think he deserves a start though. 

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s too inconsistent me. Was hoping he had turned a corner after the Norwich game but still seems to be struggling.  I think Davis has earned a start. 

He's really not inconsistent at all. He is very consistent.

• Like 1

I have no idea if he will make it long term or not, but I also have no idea, what I am expecting from Trez, because I fail to see what some obviously do.....I see nothing of any ilk.

so If you play 4-3-3.....by deduction thats 2/3 of your forward line showing no sign of effectiveness.....you bring on El Ghazi and its not much better or no better...at least he scores the odd goal, when he feels like it.

We have to find some players in Jan with more character, like Jack and John.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have no idea if he will make it long term or not, but I also have no idea, what I am expecting from Trez, because I fail to see what some obviously do.....I see nothing of any ilk.

so If you play 4-3-3.....by deduction thats 2/3 of your forward line showing no sign of effectiveness.....you bring on El Ghazi and its not much better or no better...at least he scores the odd goal, when he feels like it.

We have to find some players in Jan with more character, like Jack and John.

Apparently Trez covered the most distance on the pitch today out of any player. So cant argue he’s not putting a shift in I guess.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

59 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Every player we got will make mistake. We are a promoted team with a ton of new players. Mistakes will happen in abundance. Question is whether the performances outside that weigh up for it, and for Mings and Engels it definitely does. 

Great Post which should be a banner headline across every player thread for the whole season in my view.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently Trez covered the most distance on the pitch today out of any player. So cant argue he’s not putting a shift in I guess.

To be honest....I didn't see the game, but that point is like saying........The singer was on for 3 hrs was not any good but had a loud voice.....its like possession stats if its all in your own half, what use is it?

Its all very noble running around and we know its a part of having a good game, but its only half working ......what did he actually do, because so far, in games I fail to see any threat from him....its all token gestures to my mind.

I will watch MOTD and may change my mind.....but I guess we all look at games differently.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

To be honest....I didn't see the game, but that argument is like saying........The singer was on for 3 hrs was not any good but had a loud voice.

Its all very noble running around and we know its a part of having a good game, but its only half working ......what did he actually do, because so far, in games I fail to see any threat from him....its all token gestures to my mind.

Wasn’t an argument. I was shocked to see that stat tbh. He actually made the most tackles too.

I think it’s the wrong game to criticise his attacking play. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wasn’t an argument. I was shocked to see that stat tbh. He actually made the most tackles too.

Ok I wasn't criticising, I was observing....we lost 3-0 and was expected too, so that ok.

He is a winger.....so tell me what he did,to carry a threat?

He made the most tackles?.....not sure if that's good or an indictment on the rest.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just now, TRO said:

Ok I wasn't criticising, I was observing....we lost 3-0 and was expected too, so that ok.

He is a winger.....so tell me what he did,to carry a threat?

He made the most tackles?.....not sure if that's good or an indictment on the rest.

Well Jack was a winger too and also carried no threat. City are miles ahead of us. Attacking players had to spend most the game defending. 

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well Jack was a winger too and also carried no threat. City are miles ahead of us. Attacking players had to spend most the game defending. 

Well, he is not a winger and says so himself.

but I see Jacks contribution in games.....I see his driving runs, his face contorted with determination....I see his driven inner self during not just the odd game, but all the games....I see him track back and fight for stuff.

I'm sorry .........that's just confined to too few players for me in a number of  games not just this one.

I accept that Man city are far better than us.....I'm just disappointed you can't see my point, even if you disagree with it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

but I see Jacks contribution in games.....I see his driving runs, his face contorted with determination....I see his driven inner self during not just the odd game, but all the games....I see him track back and fight for stuff.

I'm sorry .........that's just confined to too few players for me.

I accept that Man city are far better than us.....I'm just disappointed you can't see my point, even if you disagree with it.

I can see you’re point. Trez didn’t look effective. All I said was I don’t think it’s the game to judge attacking players on.

It's a bit of a scapegoat warning on Wesley imo.

As I posted in the post match thread I thought he looked really good in the first half, especially in the first 30 mins. He looked up for it, worked hard and won more battles than I've seen before. He was first on the ball and won the long ball duels quite a few times. Looked strong and a threat. As the game went on we were put under more and more pressure and he became more isolated up front, not much he could do. In the second he cut a frustrated figure at times, which is understandable as he was quite alone up front and didn't get much quality balls to work on. As expected he tired and was subbed at around 70 mins.

It's easy to say that Davies looked better, but it's not accurate imo. Coming on with fresh legs with 20 mins left playing against tiering players makes most players look lively. The game is often more open towards the end and you would expect anyone coming on to get a chance or two towards the end.

To compare the stats, Wesley over 70 mins had 21 touches, 15 passes and 80% passing accuracy. Davis over 20 mins had 8 touches, 4 passes and 75% passing accuracy. So nothing there suggests that Davis was better. He managed two shots where Wesley only had one, but considering the above that is not surprising. Had it been the other way around with a fresh Wesley coming in hunting the last 20 mins when the play goes more wild it would probably have been the same.

Imo Davis is not on the same level as Wesley. I'm happy to give Davis time and see him improve, but at the moment I'm happy with Wesley starting and Davis coming on. Apparently DS and the management team, who see both in training everyday, thinks the same and I fully trust their judgment. 

Â