Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Wes definitely looks better when he has wide forwards around him, but we didn't really have the luxury of trying that out today against City. I think the plan was to keep it tight and hope for a bit of luck. Going in 0-0 at half-time, you'd say the plan worked, and Trez did a very good job defensively, even if he was terrible in possession.

As for the hoofing the ball up to Wes thing - it worked really well against Everton. It's definitely something Wes has in his locker, but for whatever reason the ball wasn't sticking today.

true but today he was often arguing with Trez as when he did win the ball or hold it up he had no one to play it to.

Far from his best today. I'm curious how much of an effect our lack of quality in the wide areas is having on Wesley's performances. Take Conor out of the side and there's hardly any crosses being fired into him.

Nevertheless Davis deserves the shirt against Wolves on Wednesday.

I think some of these comments are unfair towards Wesley, according to Wikipedia, he’s scored 4 goals in 9 Premier League matches. I think that’s a good return considering he’s new to the country, you can see he has a lot of potential, he has shown that already in his short time here. He’ll have off days of course, like any player, he’ll bounce back

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think some of these comments are unfair towards Wesley, according to Wikipedia, he’s scored 4 goals in 9 Premier League matches. I think that’s a good return considering he’s new to the country, you can see he has a lot of potential, he has shown that already in his short time here. He’ll have off days of course, like any player, he’ll bounce back

I don't judge a modern striker solely on goals alone.

His overall game is what concerns me. He looks like a league 2 striker at times.

We looked miles better up front when Keinan came on.

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

I don't judge a modern striker solely on goals alone.

His overall game is what concerns me. He looks like a league 2 striker at times.

We looked miles better up front when Keinan came on.

No, it’s not what they should solely be judged on but it is the primary focus. He is our joint top scorer with 4 Premier League goals. I think we should be patient with him, think how good he’ll in 2 seasons time providing we can keep hold of him. His work rate could be improved but it’s not bad

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

No, it’s not what they should solely be judged on but it is the primary focus. He is our joint top scorer with 4 Premier League goals. I think we should be patient with him, think how good he’ll in 2 seasons time providing we can keep hold of him. His work rate could be improved but it’s not bad

Keinan is 2 years younger and everytime i watch him play i see a player with a bigger potential.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You see I am not sure about that. What's the attributes you think that indicates he has a lot of potential? 

I fully believe all new players deserve patience, but what's his strengths?

He has a really weak shot, he isn't a hard worker, he doesn't harass defenders, he isn't very good at using his physique, he doesn't seem to win a lot of headers, he isn't very mobile, he isn't good at challenging defenders with the ball. 

So what is it he does really well? 

He got the benefit of the doubt after the first few matches, but he doesn'tseem to improve at all. And his attitude sucks. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Far from his best today. I'm curious how much of an effect our lack of quality in the wide areas is having on Wesley's performances. Take Conor out of the side and there's hardly any crosses being fired into him.

Nevertheless Davis deserves the shirt against Wolves on Wednesday.

Probably **** all cause he isn't very good in the air and hates physical challenges. 

• Like 1

Not the player we need up front im afraid his lack of a football brain sticks out like a sore thumb, he is absolutely static. He makes it so easy for the defenders his lack of movement is frightening, to add to this he cant out jump and win a header against defenders 5 -6 inches shorter than himself. I hate to slate one of our own but it just cant be dressed up.

31 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You see I am not sure about that. What's the attributes you think that indicates he has a lot of potential? 

I fully believe all new players deserve patience, but what's his strengths?

He has a really weak shot, he isn't a hard worker, he doesn't harass defenders, he isn't very good at using his physique, he doesn't seem to win a lot of headers, he isn't very mobile, he isn't good at challenging defenders with the ball. 

So what is it he does really well? 

He got the benefit of the doubt after the first few matches, but he doesn'tseem to improve at all. And his attitude sucks. 

He has pace, is a good finisher and can ‘bully’ the opposing defence. He is also strong, I see a lot of potential in him, he isn’t the finished article yet. Just give him time, he’s our joint top scorer with 4 goals in the Premier League

Pace I am not sure about as he never actually runs any where. Static all game long. 

Good finisher, maybe. Not sold yet on that. But you're right that's probably the biggest asset he has atm. 

Bully defences? Hahaahahahaa. No. 

Strong? No not really. He seems weak and afraid of physical contact most of the time, which is why the idea of him bullying defences rather laughable. Based on his size, he must be strong, but he doesn't show it at all. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Confused 1

Lets be honest though. We signed a lot of players. Most of them have worked out. Mings and Engels have been superb. Guilbert has taken to the PL very well considering the fact he was signed for a championship club. Targett have shown to be a massive upgrade on Taylor. Heaton is ace. Marvelous has been exceptional. Luiz is coming along nicely.  Trez and El Ghazi are a bit hot and cold I guess. 

One signing had to be shit, and it's pretty clear who that is by now. Unfortunately for us it's a key one. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What makes you think he'll be so good in two seasons time?

Â